Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag (Your Perfect Beach Reads):
1. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - Let's see, it's not really rocket science. Summer, boys...you get the picture, eh?
2. Beastly by Alex Flinn - It's a quick read, it's fun, and it's pretty much brainless. If you love fairy tales, this is the perfect beachy read for you.
3. The Darlings are Forever by Melissa Kantor - It's fun, and it's girly. Plus, you always spend your summer with your best friends, right? Why not read about them, too?
5. The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker - Hey, you can never go wrong with a good mystery, a snarky protagonist and a great plot.
6. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty - It's the start of one of my favourite contemporary series, and that's saying something, especially because I don't LOVE contemps.
7. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar - It's got the beach, surfing and a whole lot of sweet melancholy and passion to keep you riveted while you get the perfect tan. Sold? Me too...*packing it now*.
8. A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle - It's one of my all-time favourites because it takes place during summer at the beach, and it has dolphins - automatic bonus, of course.
9. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles - Yes, because I am THAT girl...the one who can't get over the beautiful, blossoming, sweet but oh-so-wrong summer romance.