Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Characters I'd Change Places with For 24 Hours:
1. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter - I don't think this one really requires an explanation, and if it does, then you're not really a fan. Hermione is a bada$s witch with some seriously awesome friends, and if I could be her for a day with all her knowledge (and prettiness), I'd be one happy camper.
2. Arwen from The Lord of the Rings - Well, first of all, guys, she's an elf, and elves are the best. Second of all, pretty sure that she was fairly chummy with Legolas, and Aragorn loved her. Seriously. Aragorn? I rest my case.
3. Lyra from His Dark Materials - Lyra gets all this amazing adventure in her life, and while she always seems to get into some sort of mishaps, I wouldn't trade those opportunities for the world. Plus, she gets to hang out with all of the coolest characters in the world.
4.Ella from Ella Enchanted - Ella had some serious snark. Plus, she had the most awesome, awesome retelling of Cinderella going for her. I swear her world was alive.
5. Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Well, if you know me, this should be a given. This girl has some serious issues, and Mara isn't really her name (or is it?!), but hell...she rocks. Dark and twisted, I'm pretty sure I could get around in her world!
6. Rose from Vampire Academy - I have a few reasons for this choice, obviously, but I'm going to stick with the most obvious. She's sassy. She loves Dimitri...regardless of their "circumstances." I think it would be awesome to be a kick-a$s heroine like her.
7. Elizabeth Bennett from Pride & Prejudice - This girl marched to the beat of her own drum in a time when it wasn't really acceptable to do so. I wish I had half the courage she did. I also want Mr. Darcy, if only for 24 hours.Although, I'd probably fight her to keep him.
8. Carly from Raw Blue - This actually might seem like an odd choice because of her inner turmoil, but let me explain. She is one of the strongest, most powerful characters I know, overcoming tragedy and heartbreak to find a new lease on life. I admire that strength, and I'd love to experience it for a day.
9. Elena Gilbert from The Vampire Diaries - Ok, while this series isn't really one of my favourite book series, I would totally change places with Elena to get my paws on Damon Salvatore. Or Stefan. Or both. But let's be honest...mostly Damon.
10. Yalith from Many Waters - There's something about her character that makes me think she's got this quiet strength that sings through a huge cast of characters. Her life is bleak, and she most likely won't survive, but she has two hot twins in love with her, and she has the angels on her side. I would love to live in the time of Noah for a day.