Get Ready: Kirsty Eagar Week is Coming

Friday, August 19, 2011


Once upon a time, I hated contemporary books, guys. You know this. I professed my hatred in many a post, and I firmly declared that I was certain no book could ever change my mind. Enter Raw Blue. That singular book opened my eyes to the beauty of a genre that had always escaped me, and the lovely Kirsty Eagar gave us a book that is honest, heartfelt and beautiful in the most tragic and truthful sense of the word.

The lovely Nic from Irresistible Reads (champion of Aussie authors) and Linds from Bibliophile Brouhaha (her personal quest is to have Raw Blue published in the US) are hosting a one-of-a-kind, week-long event featuring reviews, guest posts, giveaways and more to bring Kirsty Eagar's incredible works to light. Here's what you should know:

Kirsty Eagar Appreciation Week: August 29th - September 4th


Also Features On: Supernatural Snark, The Unread Reader, Inkcrush and right here at I Swim for Oceans

Look Out For: Guest posts from Kirsty (and info on her new book!), reviews and GIVEAWAYS!

Please help us spread the word, and please feel free to join in the fun! Below are some buttons you're more than welcome to take and use - let's share the love for an awesome author!




11 comments:

  1. Thanks again for making buttons and participating Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun event! Raw Blue is on my reading list but unfortunately my library doesn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i am excited for this week :D

    (not that i have prepared my posts yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, the buttons look *amazing*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! So looking forward to this:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome! Thanks for letting us know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for that week :) And a book faery is sending me Raw Blue to read :) I'm hoping to have it done before this awesome event!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it's going to be a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both the buttons and am so excited to participate in this now that I've read Raw Blue!!
    Thanks for the Buttons!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read anything by Kirsty Eagar - will have to look her up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover