Waiting on Wednesday: Erasing Time

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: Erasing Time
Author: CJ Hill
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Publish Date: August 28, 2012
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Dystopian
Pages: 368
In this high-action and romantic futuristic adventure, there is no escape from the future for two contemporary girls pulled out of their own time.

When twins Sheridan and Taylor wake up 400 years in the future, they find a changed world: domed cities, no animals, and a language that’s so different, it barely sounds like English. And the worst news: They can’t go back home.

The twenty-fifth-century government transported the girls to their city hoping to find a famous scientist to help perfect a devastating new weapon. The moblike Dakine fights against the government, and somehow Taylor and Sheridan find themselves in the middle. The only way to elude them all is to trust Echo, a guy with secrets of his own. The trio must put their faith in the unknown to make a harrowing escape into the wilds beyond the city.
Ok, I was sold on the cover of Erasing Time alone, but let's be honest...this one sounds awesome. Part sci-fi and part dystopian, this novel seems to closing in on a mixed genre that I'm absolutely partial to these days. I love the idea of sisters transported together because it reminds me of one of my all-time favourite books, Many Waters, in which brothers are transported to the past together. Throwing two completely unlikely girls into a war zone sounds like an epic story in the making. Needless to say, I can't wait! What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. IKR?! The cover is just GORGEOUS. And it's sci-fi + dystopian. Who wouldn't want that? Great pick! :D


    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true! I'm so excited for this one - I hope it's at BEA! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum...I feel like I've heard about this one but it's not on my Goodreads To-Read list. It definitely is now. (Oh, and I'm with you--hopefully, it's at BEA! It's one I think I'd beg for).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh that sounds intriguing! Hope you love it once you read it!

     Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, we absolutely MUST meet up at BEA! We can snag this baby together...hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am waiting for this one as well! I can’t wait to get it!


     


    Thanks for sharing,


    Dani


    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2094

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed it does sound super awesome ^_^ great WOW!! I saw this a lot on the book community last week as well. I can not wait until it is released. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this sounds awesome! I've already had it on my TBR list and am trying to get a copy of it! Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover has sold me too! I like the plot. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erasing Time was my WoW pick awhile and I'm SO EXCITED for its release. I love reading Janette Rallison's novels, so I can't wait to see what Erasing Time will be like with her name as C.J. Hill.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover