Top Ten Tuesday {6}

Tuesday, June 14, 2011






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten "Awww" Moments In Books (those cute lines, charming actions, or any other sentimental moment that made you say "AWWW!"):

1. When Katniss held Rue in the arena and sang to her (The Hunger Games) - I am entirely unashamed to say that I bawled like a baby, and while this was definitely an "awww" moment, it was more beautifully heartbreaking than anything else.

2. When Harry sees Dumbledore in limbo after Voldemort casts the Killing Curse (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) - There are far too many moments in this series to list them all, and they could probably be the entire top ten, but this moment...this chapter just made the series for me. I cried like a baby. A colicky baby.

3. When Adnarel offers to save Yalith from the flood and take her to Heaven (Many Waters) - Never have I seen such a beautiful twist on the tale of Noah's Ark. The brothers desperately wanted to save her life, but she was ready to accept her fate. Adnarel gave Noah the best other option.

4. When Percy & Annabeth finally realize their feelings (The Last Olympian) - Seriously...lower YA/MG romance never got cuter. Their awkwardness kept the story going, and when they finally realized they liked each other. Cutest. Ever.

5. When Isobel turns her back on her friends's actions and helps Varen (Nevermore) - Talk about a sweet character dynamic change. Isobel found something in herself that made Varen different in her eyes, and that revelation made her actions that much more genuine and sweet.

6. When Mr. Darcy admits his love for Elizabeth...both times (Pride & Prejudice) - The back and forth of this story gets me every time, and his devotion to Elizabeth despite his outward demeanor is perfection. LOVE.

7. Jo's enduring love for her little sister, Beth (Little Women) - Talk about undying devotion. Jo loved her little sister more than anything else, and despite her loneliness and, perhaps, self-pity, all she wanted was the very best for Beth, even at her end.

8. When Carly decided to actually respond to Ryan's calls (Raw Blue) - They had a relationship despite both of their flaws, but it had a dark underbelly and when things came to a head, she retreated. When she finally gave herself the time to heal, she realized he was worth it.

9. When Caleb's secret truth about Maggie's accident is revealed (Leaving Paradise) - Holy plot twist that I never saw coming and totally made Caleb an even better character! He was finally worthy of Maggie, which made the book that much better!

10. When Tansy throws the pearls into the ocean to prevent future greed or pain (Pearls of Lutra) - The pearls are what drove the whole story. A vicious corsair killed Grath's whole family for them, and when the Redwallers found them, they realized they weren't worth all the death and bloodshed, so they got rid of them.

28 comments:

  1. Wow you have some really great moments in there! The Rue and Katniss moment was one of my favorites, but the very last scene in the Hunger Games series has to be my all time favorite.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to read reviews of the Noah book :=) Lol yes that got me interested.

    Aww moments, Persuasion, the letter, breaks me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katniss and Rue... ay yi yi! It almost gives me a cryball in my throat just thinking about it! Can't wait for the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh definitely number 8! Love that moment in Raw Blue. This is such an awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic list! I love how you included classics in it. I bawled like a baby where you bawled like a baby so it's cool. I really liked Nevermore as well. That part where she turns on her "friends", ohmygod, I thought it was beautiful.

    ~Trish Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely with you on Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. I've read the book tons of times and I always "aww" or "squeal."

    ReplyDelete
  7. !, 2, 6, & 8 - Oh, I am right there with you!! ESPECIALLY #8! Ohhh, "About what I said before? It's not too hard." Okay, maybe some paraphrasing there since I don't have Raw Blue right in front of my, but yeah, I get what you mean *heart*!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list. I really want to read Raw Blue and have heard it has a few AW moments. I also totally agree with #5.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, cue tears with Katniss and Rue! I was a snotty, sniveling mess when she started singing. A MESS! And I loved when Isobel decided to stand up to Varen, that was one of my favorite parts. And don't even get me started on Carly and Ryan. LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great Harry Potter moment!! I know what you mean about it being hard to choose. I had three in my list alone and definitely felt like I could have turned the whole list into a Harry Potter list. Hmmm.. that may have to be a separate post haha

    You can see my list @ http://thebookelement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! I haven't read most of the books you've mentioned, but the two I have, Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, I have to say that you're not alone needing the tissues on those scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my yes! I loved that moment in HG.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great moments! I love the one in Hunger Games, I was so close to crying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love these moments, don't we? Nice list.

    I tweeked "awww" a bit for my own purposes. Here's my Top Ten "Awww" Moments. I hope you'll stop by and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did do an entire top ten on the HP series, and even that entire top ten wasn't enough! It's so awesome, the one you mentioned is great too!!

    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-ten-harry-potter-aww-moments_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. "You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

    You must allow me to say that I have been waiting my whole life to hear that from a guy! I also agree that there were too many Harry Potter moments to name...it's interesting to see which one people have gone for.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  17. You picked some great ones! I'm loving this Top Ten this week just because it's reminding me of all these awesome moments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for The Hunger Games and Nevermore! I LOVED Nevermore. Can't wait for Enshadowed. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had the whole Katniss/Rue friendship on my list but the scene where Katniss sings is definitely an amazing moment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Katniss/Rue relationship as well as Beth and Jo are definitely heartbreaking awwww moments :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. There are a few of these I don't know, but I will say the ones I do know are truly awwww worthy. :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, boy. I loved this post. I might have to start looking into this top ten business, I love the idea of it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, I have to say this: while Darcy's initial declaration of love is well-phrased and, in fact, awesomely put, it doesn't really work as an Aww moment for me because he basically tells her he loves her despite the fact that she has all these faults and her family is ridiculous. He's tried not to develop any feelings for her at all but failing that, has succumbed to his love for her. I mean, even Lizzie's insulted. I think the Aww moment comes for me when Lydia lets it slip just how much Darcy has done for the Bennets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh I love that Mr. Darcy and Lizzy moment. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I definitely have to start reading The Hunger Games and experience that moment myself :D Pretty cool list you got here and I'm amazed that you did remember loads of important moments from the book you read. That's really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your list! I agree with almost all of them, especially the ones from Little Women and Pride & Prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I only know of one of those- when Darcy admits his love. But it's truly a great moment. I think it's more touching to me in the book than in the film. But I haven't watched every version yet, especially the one with Colin Firth. The other Darcy is a little cold to me. And I'll admit, I'm afraid to finish Harry Potter. I don't want the magic to end. I haven't read the other books. I WILL!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  28. I cried my eyes out when I read both the Hunger Games and Dumbledore scenes. Rue was one of my favorite characters. I cried the most for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover