Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Rebels In Literature (characters or authors) -- Those people who stood up for what they believed in despite the cost of doing so:
1. Sirius Black from Harry Potter - I still cry like a baby when I think of how he loved Harry.
2. Dumbledore from Harry Potter - This doesn't even need an explanation. Dumbledore. Always. Wins.
3. Caleb from Leaving Paradise - There's something about a bad boy with a cause.
4. Katniss from The Hunger Games - I have a love/hate with this character. Mostly love because she's a challenge.
5. Melinda from Speak - This is one of those characters that triumphs over incredible personal circumstances to find herself again - despite the cost.
6. Hagrid from Harry Potter - Where else will you find such a lovable giant? Seriously. Please tell me.
7. Rose from Vampire Academy - Snarky. Tough. Badass. Fighter. 'Nuff said.
8. Martin from Martin the Warrior - He's a warrior mouse with a mission to save Redwall and all its inhabitants. He has to be on this list. Obviously.
9. Kate from The Liar Society - So full of sass, so sure of the mystery and so hell-bent on solving it. Kate wins.
10. Cinna from The Hunger Games - Cinna is right up there with the rest of them. His rebellions are small, but crucial and I love his character to tiny pieces.