Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Beach Reads
1. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar - Why, you ask? Well, it's a beachy read, peoples. It's about a surfer. Granted, it's a bit darker than you might want for your normal beach read, but trust me when I say that this is a book you must read...preferably on the beach...in one sitting. Ready? Go.
2. The Rules of Summer by Joanna Philbin - If you haven't read anything by her, you probably should because you're missing out. Plus, it's a sweet, fun, fast-paced and well-written book that will totally brighten a beach day.
3. Purity by Jackson Pearce - It's not my all-time favourite by Ms. Pearce, but it's an engaging and engrossing read that you'll totally devour in one sitting. Plus, it's just quirky enough for you to want to do so.
4. Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar - While you're at it though, read the whole dang series. Personally, I hated the show, but these books are fun, guilty-pleasure reads for me, for sure. I bet you you'll love them if you try them.
5. Many Waters by Madeleine L'Engle - This has been a favourite of mine since my childhood. It's a modern version of the Biblical story of Noah's Arc with just a twist of sci-fi, a touch of romance and a whole lot of drama. It's perfection, in my humble opinion.
6. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I dare you to ask me to have a list without HP on it. Seriously. I dare you. But really, I've been taking these books with me to the beach since day one. Granted, I've been taking them pretty much everywhere, but that's besides the point. Just do it.
7. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - Summery, sweet, romantic, adorable and just plain fun - this is one of those books that I enjoyed so much I couldn't even put it into words. Seriously though, it's the perfect summery and beachy read.
8. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - Okay, this is another that's a bit heavier than your average beach read, but a lot of it actually takes place on the beach, so that has to count for something, right? Plus, it's heartfelt, emotional, sweet, endearing and, well, pretty darn great.
9. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - This is another one of those summer reads that's perfect for a beach day, a road-trip, lying out in the grass...actually, just reading it anywhere. If you haven't read it yet, you probably should.
10. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen - I swore off Ms. Dessen's books when I first started blogging, but trust me when I saw I was wrong. This is the type of book you can lie in the sun reading all day. Just bring a cool drink, a wide-brimmed hat, plenty of sunscreen and get lost in the characters' story.