Let's Talk is a weekly feature here at i swim for oceans. I think it's important that we all have our say, and there's something to be said for raising our voices. Simply put, here on the little old blog, I like to host some of my very own discussion posts because, well, I like to converse with you all.
And so, Let's Talk will feature questions or prompts, which I will answer, too. Love it or hate it, weigh in or don't, it's my hope that Let's Talk will at least get you thinking...and maybe even get you discussing with the rest of us!
With Thanksgiving approaching, what are you most thankful about in the world of books (blogging, authors...anything) this year?
Thanksgiving is one my all-time favourite holidays - probably mostly because we get to spend this time with our loved ones, all of whom abstain judgment about our overeating for one day. Yes, I'm that gluttonous. However, truly, there are so many things to be thankful this year, and when I began to think about it in terms of my blog, I'm thankful for so many things. Here are just a few:
- I've been blogging for almost four years now, and the fact that I managed to come back to some wonderful, sweet friends and follower after a nearly 8-month hiatus was something I'm really, truly thankful for. Who would have thought that I'd still have readers after that long - and some wonderful new ones, at that?
- The book blogosphere has changed a lot over the past three(+) years and, while some of these changes might not have been my favourite, there seems to be a loyal core of friends, wonderful reviews, generous publisher and fantastic authors.
- I am so, so, so thankful to the amazing authors whom we get to interact with every day. This community has really united people around a true love of books and the written word, and the authors we interact with are the present and future of our literature. It's fantastic to watch people transition from bloggers, to literary interns and editorial assistants and, sometimes, authors themselves!
- The publishers are pretty much a godsend for book bloggers out there. Their dedication and generosity fuels the fire and excitement for new books, inspires us to try new things and, at times, step outside of our comfort zone. Going to BEA and meeting some of the publicists I interact with on a daily basis is one of my all-time favourite memories.
- My fantastic, amazing, wonderful friends and readers...I am thankful for all of YOU. Even if I didn't have a blog, I'd be reading every day, but the fact that you introduce me to books and vice versa multiple times a week is incomparable. The fact that you take my opinions to heart is so amazing and, basically, you all rock!
This season makes me sentimental, so you'll have to forgive me, but I'm truly thankful for so much that I've seen, done and accomplished through book blogging, and I've made so many wonderful friends through it all. It's quite the community we have, my friends!