Waiting on Wednesday: The Vanishing Season

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for…

Publisher: HarperTeen
Publish Date: July 1, 2014
Genre: YA, Mystery, Thriller
Pages: 256

Girls started vanishing in the fall, and now winter's come to lay a white sheet over the horror. Door County, it seems, is swallowing the young, right into its very dirt. From beneath the house on Water Street, I've watched the danger swell.

The residents know me as the noises in the house at night, the creaking on the stairs. I'm the reflection behind them in the glass, the feeling of fear in the cellar. I'm tied—it seems—to this house, this street, this town. I'm tied to Maggie and Pauline, though I don't know why. I think it's because death is coming for one of them, or both.

All I know is that the present and the past are piling up, and I am here to dig. I am looking for the things that are buried.
It's no secret that I love me a good mystery and, frankly, the creepier, the better. There's something about disappearances in novels that always haunts me and draws me in, so The Vanishing Season fits the bill perfectly. Plus, we're promised danger, intrigue, love, betrayal and a mystery that might just make our heads spin. How in the world am I supposed to pass something like that up? Oh, and it doesn't  hurt that the cover is absolutely gorgeous. What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

8 comments:

  1. I love love loved TIGER LILY, and while I still haven't read her Peaches books, I'm super duper excited for this! I'm hoping it's amazing and stunning. Thank gosh it just showed up on Edelweiss (I downloaded it right away, haha).

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with this cover. I can't stand how pretty this looks. I really liked Tiger Lily and because of that and the cover it's on my tbr. I hope you enjoy :)

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most gorgeous cover *wipes drool*

    This sounds so fricken creepy and haunting! In the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is up on Edelweiss, Melissa! I was lucky enough to be auto-approved for it and I can't wait to get into it, especially because I loved Tiger Lily so much and this book sounds equally as promising. Great pick this week, dear - I hope you get to read an ARC of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered this one yesterday and like Keertana was auto-approved on Edelweiss-hoping to love it and that you get a copy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks fantastic! I love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love mysteries, as well, Melissa and the cover is wonderful! I was tempted to request this on Edelweiss but I held firm. I have too many review reads I need to do! I'll be looking out for your thoughts. Great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover