Waiting on Wednesday: Fiendish

Wednesday, March 5, 2014


Title: Fiendish
Author: Brenna Yovanoff (Twitter)
Publisher: Razorbill
Publish Date: August 14, 2014
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Thriller
Pages: 352

Clementine DeVore spent ten years trapped in a cellar, pinned down by willow roots, silenced and forgotten. Now she’s out and determined to uncover who put her in that cellar and why. When Clementine was a child, dangerous and inexplicable things started happening in New South Bend. The townsfolk blamed the fiendish people out in the Willows and burned their homes to the ground.

But magic kept Clementine alive, walled up in the cellar for ten years, until a boy named Fisher sets her free. Back in the world, Clementine sets out to discover what happened all those years ago. But the truth gets muddled in her dangerous attraction to Fisher, the politics of New South Bend, and the Hollow, a fickle and terrifying place that seems increasingly temperamental ever since Clementine reemerged.
It's been a long time since I read something by Ms. Yovanoff. In fact, I think the last book I read from her was The Replacement. I love gothic stories, and I've been on a bit of a thriller kick lately, which means that Fiendish is exactly my cup of tea. This sounds like the type of book that will delight readers with darkness, twists, turns, strange morbidity and a storyline that's pretty much completely gripping. Needless to say, I must have it. What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature from Jill at Breaking the Spine.

10 comments:

  1. YES MELISSA!!!! I cannot wait for this one. It does look deliciously dark doesn't it? And I really, really want to find out what happened to Clementine. Brenna always gets the most gorgeously creepy covers:) *makes grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! This is why we're friends, m'dear. Because we're grabby little salad fingers that want this book ;)

      Delete
  2. I picked this one a while back, and then was excited to get an e-galley of it! Although I'm still kind of hoping to get a copy at BEA this summer. Great choice!
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to check out a book written by this author for quite some time now. I've had my eye on the Replacements! That cover is awesome :)

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that looks intriguing!! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW:http://jessica-agreatread.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html?m=1

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeshhhh. This one sounds fantastic. Actually, I requested it on Edelwiess (or Netgalley...wherever it is) and was DENIED. So harsh. Now I have to wait. *sadness*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually haven't read anything by this author before. I love the sound of this one though. I'm curious about how and why Fisher is the one to release her. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read anything by her, mostly because I am a big wimp when it comes to creepy books! This one sounds especially eerie (cellars freak me out!) and that cover is very eye catching. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gothic stories are awesome, so I'm very excited for this book! That cover is so creepy-fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover