Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Science Fiction Novels

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

More than a few times now, I've professed my love for the science fiction genre on this blog. While I might have been slacking at posting lately, friends, I haven't slacked on reading, and I swear there are so many talented sci-fi writers out there that are basically unheard of. And, especially, in a world of YA fiction, it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Here are ten YA sci-fis books that are highly underrated…and should probably be read as soon as possible!


Impostor by Susanne Winnacker. Fair Coin by E.C. Myers. One by Leigh Ann Kopans.


Scan by Walter Jury & Sarah Fine. False Memory by Dan Krokos. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris.


Insignia by S.J. Kincaid. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson. The Well's End by Seth Fishman. Many Waters by Madeleine L'Engle.

All of these books surprised me in the best possible way, and yet all of them have lacked the hype I've seen some of my least favourite series receive. It's my true hope that, someday, all readers will give these gems a chance because they have a very, very special place in my heart. What sci-fi books have you read that you think are significantly underrated?

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Broke and the Bookish.

16 comments:

  1. I liked The adoration of Jenna Fox. It was one of my introduction books to that sci-fi dystopian genre. The well's end is on my wish list and Unraveling is high on my TBR pile.

    TTT - Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMPOSTOR AND UNRAVELING MELISSA!!!!!!!! Two of my favorite reads:) I haven't read many of the others, so that's a fail on my part. I'm a huge Sarah Fine fan though, so I'm thinking I need to pick up SCAN immediately. *runs to Amazon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Impostor and One and I seriously need to read them because I've heard such good things. I tried reading Scan and I had a difficult time getting into the book for some reason. I think it was the male POV. I also need to read The Well's End. The book sounds awesome in every way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice mix! These are all kinda new to me! Have heard of some, but haven't read any myself.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Melissa. I didn't realize you were still blogging. My Feedly isn't updating your blog anymore and I didn't think to check it. It's a good thing I saw a comment you made on Mary's site. Now I'll have to check back regularly. I've sucked about comments lately (barely done them for a month or more) but I really want to get back in the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the covers for "One" and "Fair Coin." Will have to add on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems that I have quite a few science fiction gems to discover since I haven't read quite a few of the books on your list Melissa! Will have to remedy that!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore when books aren't all over the place and I "discover" them! Still, when I love a book, I want everyone to know about it and love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Play games free at: bloxorz game - agario game - wheely 7 game racer - ducklife online - juegos twizl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to thank you for your nicely written post


    http://word-cookies-answers.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover