Waiting on Wednesday: Taken & Unremembered

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: Taken
Author: Erin Bowman
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publish Date: April 16, 2013
Genre: YA, Dystopian
Pages: 352
There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone. They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?
Title: Unremembered
Author: Jessica Brody
Publisher: FSG
Publish Date: March 5, 2013
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi
Pages: 320
When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.

Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories period. No one knows how she survived. No one knows why she wasn’t on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can’t be found in a single database in the world.

Crippled by a world she doesn’t know, plagued by abilities she doesn’t understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can’t remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is.

19 comments:

  1. Where do they go?! I hope it's aliens! And the soul survivor of a horrific plane crash? With no memories?! Loving the sounds of both of these!


    My WoW this week is Altered by Jennifer Rush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a copy of Taken and I'm SO excited to read it!!! It looks AMAZING!!!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks. They both sounds like must reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unremembered sounds soo awesome!!! :)) Cannot wait for it either !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unremembered I have seen once before and really liked the sounds of it. And Taken is very intruiging, great picks!


    Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. apparently html doesnt work here


    http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/waiting-on-wednesday-14/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh interesting! These are new to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both sound excellent. I had heard of Taken, but I hadn't really heard anything about Unremembered. Thanks for letting me know! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are high on my list of 2013 releases I am dying to read! The Taken cover is so gorgeous! Great picks! :)


    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for either of these! They both sound so awesome! xD Great pick!


    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to both of these! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though it's not out yet, I just know I might love Taken. Sounds AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover