Top Ten Tuesday: Fall 2012 TBR

Tuesday, September 4, 2012






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books On my 2012 Fall TBR List:

1. Crewel by Gennifer Albin - This one not only has a fantastic cover, but I love the uniqueness of the plot. A girl who really doesn't want to become a Spinster? A Spinster that's more than its name implies? Sign me up.

2. The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin - This has been on my TBR since this summer, and I just keep pushing it off because I'm afraid it would live up to my hopes. It sounds beautiful and a bit dark...the perfect combo!

3. Eve & Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant - There has been SO much hype surrounding this one. If it sucks, I'm going to be absolutely devastated. I think the spin the Biblical, plus the sci-fi twist could very well be amazing.

4. Fathomless by Jackson Pearce - I've yet to read a bad retelling from Ms. Pearce. Seriously, and this one is a twist on The Little Mermaid! I think that it could very well be my favourite yet!

5. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols - I received this one a while back, but my review queue made it impossible for me to actually pick it up. I have heard the most amazing things about it though, so I can't wait to give it a go!

6. Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally - I was late to the game with Catching Jordan. Like really late to the game...but I loved it. I heard this one doesn't disappoint either, so I'm hoping for another contemporary treat.

7. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Confession. I've read it. Second confession...it's mind-blowingly awesome. Last confession? I need to read it again before I review it, but holy hell. Epic.

8. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - Ok, this one's a bit off the beaten path for me because I don't review adult books, but guys...it's J.K. freaking Rowling! I'm a bit scared and a bit excited to see what her first adult fiction is like.

9. Live Through This by Mindi Scott - This author has a take on contemporary that makes me actually kind of like it! It's issue-based, but not too much so...romantic, but never cloying. It's like the best of all worlds.

10. Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor - Guys, I loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone. Like LOVED it. Needless to say, I need to love the sequel, like yesterday. I can't wait to see what happens next.

25 comments:

  1. You have so many great books on your list! I can't believe I forgot to add some of these to my list. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Eve & Adam and The Casual Vacancy on my list, too-- hope they both live up to their hype! The others on your list I haven't heard of, but they sound really intriguing.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1, 3, 4, 6, & 8! I didn't remember to put them all on my list today, but they are all on my radar!!
    Great list!

    http://www.riverarunsthroughit.com/2012/09/10-books-im-reading-this-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone too! It was hands down my favorite read of 2011 and I just can't wait to get my hands on the sequel. Just love, love, love.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooved The Waiting Sky and I can't wait for The Casual Vacancy, DoBS, or Stealing Parker! Wonderful Top Ten! :D


    ~KeertanaIvy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait for the waiting sky review . i hope you enjoy all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh yes I can't WAIT to read Crewel!! My copy has just been staring at me for awhile now.... :) I hope it turns out to be AWESOME!










    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  8. We share a couple on our lists and our currently reading. I am enjoying it so far and hope you are, too. Nice picks, here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/top-ten-tuesday-21/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I'm DYING for Days of Blood and Starlight. I can NOT wait! I really enjoyed The Waiting Sky, I hope you love it!

















    ~ Jen @ A Book and a
    Latte
    - Top
    Ten Books On My Fall TBR List

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crewel, Eve & Adam, The waiting sky and Fathomless are indeed on my list too! I loved Pearce's other work, so I have high hopes for Fathomless. And hello.. one word; mermaids :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read Crewel and Eve and Adam! They both sound great, so I hope that they're as good (if not better!) than they sound.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I received Crewel from Net Galley so I cajn't wait to read that either. I really want to read Eve and Adam, it looks amazing. I'm not sure whether to read JK Rowling's adult book either... but who are we kidding?! ;)
    Zoe @ Bookhi
    www.bookhi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm starting Mara Dyer tomorrow - so I'm so thrilled to read that it was mind-blowing!! (Should I just clear my whole day? LOL!)


    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. This list is so excellent I can't comment on any one book because it would be unjust. But I will say: BLOOD & STARLIGHT PLEASE HURRY, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I read Such a Rush over the summer and really enjoyed it! It didn't fit into the type of book I normally like, but it was a good read :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I KNEW you'd have Rowling's new book on you list, lol! I'm like you: SO EXCITED but SO SCARED all at once! Great list Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think Eve and Adam sounds awesome, too. And--because I'm weird--I like that they put Eve's name first in the title, instead of Adam's.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some great choices for your top ten Melissa! I too had Days of Blood and Starlight on my list, here's hoping it will be just as good as Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I totally forgot to add Casual Vacancy! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All really great choices!! and all books i'm looking forward too as well

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list! Most of these are on my TBR list as well. Especially Mara Dyer #2. I know it's going to be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm also scared/super excited for The Casual Vacancy. So many of these I'm dying to read too. I really need to start the Mara Dyer series! Great picks and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've read The Evolution of Mara Dyer!??! Lucky! Glad to hear that it was mind-blowingly awesome :)


    Ooh, The Casual Vacancy - I can't believe I forgot to add that to my list!


    Great TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover