Waiting on Wednesday: After the End

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Title: After the End
Author: Amy Plum (Twitter)
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publish Date: May 6, 2014
Genre: YA, Dystopian, Sci-Fi
Pages: 352

World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there. At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.

When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.

Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past.
Just when I think I'm totally sick of the dystopian genre, another novel pops up and catches my eye. I'd be lying if I said the genre has become a bit tired and repetitive lately, but I like the sound of the twist of this one. It seems like, if it's done well, it might be just different enough to pique and capture my interest throughout the story. So, I can't help but say that I'm lusting over this one shamelessly this week. What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

21 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to read this book as well. I haven't had much luck with Amy Plum's previous books, but this looks really interesting and I'm looking forward to reading it. Let's just hope nothing happens to that doggie on the cover. I'd be devastated if it did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it once you read it. I'll keep this book in mind since right now I'm seriously sick of anything dystopian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I loved Amy Plum's paranormal series, so this is a must read for me! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I liked Amy Plum's Revenants series a lot, curious to see what she does with dystopia! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE DYSTOPIAN BOOKS! So I am picking this one up. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when you think you're out...they pull you back in! Darn those dystopians!! But this one does sound SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to start this one! I haven't read anything by Amy Plum, I want to read it mostly for that than the dystopian factor.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to start reading this book seems amazing!

    This is our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice. I'd like to read this to.
    http://www.alwaysyaatheart.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-consequence.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely excited for this one too Melissa! Hello, gorgeous cover! That alone is pretty much enough to make me want this book, but of course I want to know all about the secrets of her past as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yes I am excited for this one!! Wondering already what happened and why she is named after a city in Alaska. And what her secrets are, if the rest of the clan had them...can't wait!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES!!!!! This was my pick last week, I pre-ordered it first week of December. I'd sell my kidney to read it now! Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the first I have heard of this one. Definitely sounds interesting. Great pick! My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOh nice pick! Read this one already since a friend loaned it to me. I liked it. Thought it was a pretty intriguing story! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i do love how different it sounds. a new setting for the dystopia! i chose a book set in alaska this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, yes! I can't wait for this one either!

    Love the pick this week! <33

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have an ARC of this but am waiting on reading it since I'm curious to see what early readers think of this. It seems promising but not all my friends have enjoyed this author's work in the past, but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed it's a solid series. Wonderful pick, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has caught my eye, too, Melissa. I think I'll wait for some reviews to come through first, though. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds interesting, I found it very difficult for Plum's other books to hold my attention, hopefully this one does

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover