The Last Olympian Review

Saturday, April 3, 2010


All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.
Taken from Amazon.

This book is the fifth book in the series chronicling the adventures of Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, and his friends at Camp Half-Blood for demigods. In this series-ending conclusion, Kronos seeks to regain his full godly power and overthrow Olympus, ending the time of the gods once and for all. The problem is that if he succeeds, everything mortals know and love will begin to eventually fade. It's up to Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Tyson, and the rest of the Half-Blood campers to save Olympus, New York, and essentially...the world.

The Last Olympian was full of action from start to finish. I've had it on my shelf for a while, but I couldn't bear the thought of the series actually being finished. Whereas some of the other books took a chapter or two to get into the meat of the book, The Last Olympian jumped right in with desperation, urgency, and adventure - the type that makes you unable to put the book down.

Someone *cough cough* Amelia told me I would read this book straight...in about 15 hours. She was wrong...sort of. I read it in 14 hours. Straight. Nonstop. That's how fun, and gripping, and involved this book was. Finally, finally you will understand the importance of Rachel Elizabeth Dare. Finally, Annabeth and Percy realize they have feelings for one another, and finally the gods realize how important their children truly are.

I can't believe this was the final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series! Curse you, Rick Riordan! I give this book 5++ stars, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, fluid, easy, and enticing read. Now I need to find another series like this. Damn it!

10 comments:

  1. Great review! I cannot wait to start this series :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! This is the last book I have to read in the series. It sounds like it might be the best one. Soo happy Percy and Annabeth realize their feeling for each other. They were the last to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you've really got me wanting to start this series. I also think it's something my mom will enjoy. I've been trying to find a series for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa - 14 straight hours of reading? That's what I call dedication! But I'm sure this book was amazing. I should really start this series.

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Percywarped Melissa,
    duuuuuude you read TLO in 14 hours?! you're like the sonic the hedgehog of reading!
    Yes, we finally know why Rachel is so important...hahaha I guess I have to like her now! And that last part--heehee I think you know what part I'm talking about--is soo cute/sweet/hot/swoon-worthy! :D
    Glad you liked it!
    Love,
    Percywarped Amelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book too! Percy jackson is pretty wickedly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Percy Jackson *Logan Lerman* but I have not read the first book yet. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I have only read one book in this series, I am planning on making this one of my summer reads and read all of them one right after the other. I am also looking forward to Riordan new series The Kane Chronicles. Book #1 The Red Pyramid comes out next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, but don't you hate it when you read the last book and think damn..I mean what do you have to read now... :)

    I'm glad you really liked the series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover