Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy Them:
1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - Granted, this one is gorgeous on a zillion different levels, but it's almost art, too, which is fabulous. Plus, I actually enjoyed the book.
2. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer - The colours and the moon on this cover sold me in a second when I first started blogging. I loved how each book of the series looked dark and haunting with an enormous moon looming overhead.
3. Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison - I adore this cover, and the colours in general, but I didn't love the book, unfortunately. It was certainly enough to make me crave the book though!
4. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - I bought this one because of the title and because of the fact that it's based on Greek mythology. It was a great buy because I'm obsessed with the series.
5. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - This honestly goes without saying, but what good is a list without Harry? Any book with Harry in the title is an automatic win for me, as cheesy as that may be.
6. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - Sue me, but I don't particularly love the cover of these ones. I do, however, love the title of this one, and that had me sold from the start.
7. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles - Some books capture you with gorgeous, intricate covers. Others capture you because they're stark, bare and haunting. This one had me because of that.
8. The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher - This is truly one of the most stunning covers I've ever seen. I bought the book for that reason alone. I didn't love the book, but the cover is gold.
9. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - I had an ARC of this one, but I bough a hardcover, as well, because I needed two times the pretty on my shelf. I also won an art print of the cover, which I cannot wait to hang in all its glory.