Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Young Adult Fictional Characters:
1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) - Regardless of what you think of the series, her so-called bushy hair (I'm sorry, but it's perfect in the movies, at least), or her epic nerdiness, this is one kickass heroine! She is smart, brave and she doesn't take flak from anyone. She is empowering, in a nutshell.
2. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) - Not too many girls would sacrifice themselves in the blink of an eye to save their baby sister. She's brave and valiant, proud and strong, and she was a wonderful character to follow through three incredible books.
3. Carly (Raw Blue) - I've never been a fan of contemps, but this one blew my mind, in part because of just how real the MC was. Though she was haunted by the trauma she faced and the pain she lived with, she was honest and true throughout.
4. Harry Potter (Harry Potter) - Seriously? What's a list without an overdose of Harry Potter. We all know that I'm a Potter fiend (my cat's middle name is Harry Potter - don't judge me), but he is incredible. We grew up with him, and like it or not - he's a part of our generation.
5. Mara (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer) - I'm a sucker for twisted. So, sue me. There's something so epicly wrong with Mara that it's just about right. This girl has everything going wrong, and yet she is utterly captivating!
6. Damon (The Vampire Diaries) - Colour me crazy, but I love me a bad boy. He's dark and brooding, and he can be so bloody selfish, but you can't get better than him. Underneath all that cynicism, he's a marshmallow.
7. Percy (Percy Jackson & the Olympians) - This kid is just that - a kid, but he's so entertaining, and I swear that everything goes wrong for him, no matter what. He's always kicking ass and taking names though, and his adventures are far too cool.
8. Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter) - I confess, I love him. I still held out hope to the very end that somehow, some way, he would come back. That said, I felt the same way for Sirius, so that's a testament to the connection I felt with the characters!
9. Grandfather Lamech (Many Waters) - He was wise, sweet and old, but he loved his children to the very end. Most of all, in a time of non-belief, he believed there was a path, and he held fast to that belief through everything. I loved him.
10. Martin the Warrior (Redwall) - One little mouse fueled an entire epic fantasy series that dominated my childhood shelves. I think I own every book in the series, and I just loved hearing all the tales of everyone trying to live up to his name.