Waiting on Wednesday: Through to You

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: Through to You
Author: Emily Hainsworth
Publisher: Balzer & Bray
Publish Date: October 2, 2012
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Pages: 272
Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. Viv was the last good thing in his life: helping him rebuild his identity after a career-ending football injury, picking up the pieces when his home life shattered, and healing his pain long after the meds wore off. And now, he’d give anything for one more glimpse of her. But when Cam makes a visit to the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees some kind of apparition. And it isn’t Viv.

The apparition’s name is Nina, and she’s not a ghost. She’s a girl from a parallel world, and in this world, Viv is still alive. Cam can’t believe his wildest dreams have come true. All he can focus on is getting his girlfriend back, no matter the cost. But things are different in this other world: Viv and Cam have both made very different choices, things between them have changed in unexpected ways, and Viv isn’t the same girl he remembers. Nina is keeping some dangerous secrets, too, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day.
I haven't really been enticed by a paranormal novel in a good while. There have been far too many vampires and werewolves recently (in my humble opinion), and while I don't necessarily need something new...I need something different. Through to You sounds like just what the doctor ordered! I love me some ghost stories, especially when they're darker and just a touch sinister. Plus, I do like that this is from a male POV, which is something we don't see all too often in YA. All in all, this could just be a hit! Fingers crossed and all that. What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

19 comments:

  1. I think Through to You is a great wow pick, I agree with you about being far too many vampires and werewolves recently. I so glad I checked out your wow post. Now I have a new book to add to my reading wishlist :) Here’s My Waiting On Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! Fabulous pick - I was close to choosing this for my WoW today as well. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fresh paranormal read! Sounds awesome. And that cover is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm so excited for this book! It sounds amazing! Great choice this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Interesting WOW. At first I thought "Friday Night Lights" and then it went in a completely different direction. Nice pick. 

    Here's my WOW:

    http://whyfiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting for this one too! I am a fan of ghost stories and male POV so it is right up my alley. Great pick! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree re: too many vampires and werewolves. however, I finished reading Hemlock this weekend and it was actually quite good! definitely didn't expect to love it as much as I did. 

    Through To You sounds amazing, and I love the cover. Sounds like it'll be a unique read, too, so yay! :) 

    my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been dying for this one ever since that gorgeous cover came out!! It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. now that sounds pretty intriguing. definitely a paranormal that sounds different. great find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Haven't heard of that one. I myself cannot get enough of paranormal books! I read them by the dozen, each one its own unique flavor!

     Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice for this week. It does sound interesting and I
    will have to check it out!


     


    Thanks for sharing,


    Dani


    My WoW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2011

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is actually on of my WoW books this week too! I'm hoping this one turns out to be a great read.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one definitely looks good!  I'm excited to read it when it comes out.  PS- I found your blog through the random house power reader breakfast invite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this sounds great! i'll be sure to put it on my list of interest!

    Please stop by my way sometime :) I'm a new book review blog looking to connect with others :)

    http://paperdreamsbookreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a best
    work that by sharing this excellent and amazing information, this blog is going
    to be brilliant resource to get knowledge.
     
    AuthorHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is nice to
    visit your site again. This is good idea for the better information. I would
    like to read something more on this topic or related topics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. now that sounds pretty intriguing. definitely a paranormal that sounds different. great find!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover