Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR Pile:
1. Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo – I featured this on my WoW the other day, and was so excited to snag a copy on Netgalley. Seriously, there’s something about Aussie authors and books that just blow my mind in the realm of contemporary. If this isn’t the perfect read on my TBR, I don’t know what is.
2. Fathomless by Jackson Pearce – This author never fails to succeed in her writing. Despite the fact that I’m not absolutely in love with the cover (so sue me), I really can’t wait to start reading this book this summer!
3. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian – Contemporary fiction isn’t always a hit for me. This is no secret. However, there’s something so dark and nasty about the girls in this story that makes me want to read it oh-so-badly! I think it might be like watching a trainwreck. You just. Can’t. Stop.
4. Embers & Echoes by Karsten Knight – I know that some people were divided in their opinions of the first installment of this series but, hey, I loved it. I can’t wait to read book two, and you better believe this bad boy is on my summer TBR list!
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I don’t know why I’ve put off reading this book because I definitely have a copy of it. I think I’m always afraid to be done with his books…it’s like a little piece of my heart dying. So, naturally, I’m going to have to buckle down and really fall in love with another of his books. For shame.
6. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty – Ok, I know that Bumped didn’t work for me, but this author has a legion of fans behind her, and I love her writing style. I’ve heard endlessly good things about this series, so I’m finally going to start it…this summer. Heck yes.
7. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – So many people have said they love this book. I’ve had it on my shelf forever, and I keep putting it off, but I think it’s time to finally buckle down and read it. I have this epic fear of being disappointed by great books…that’s my greatest fear!
8. Flock by Wendy Delsol – I swear this is one of the most underrated series ever. Not only is the author absofreakinlutely fantastic, but this series is so original and entertaining. I highly recommend it to everyone, and I’m excited to read this final installment.
9. Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas – Ummmm it has swords. And boys. And fighting. And love. Does it get much better than that?! Seriously, I’ve been waiting for this one for FAR too long. I cannot freaking wait to finally read it! Oh, and I have a couple copies to give away…jussayin’.
10. Beta by Rachel Cohn – Guys, I love me some dystopian. There’s something about broken down worlds that makes me appreciate ours so much more. I mean, that’s partially the point, right? Seriously though, this story looks epic…with just a twist of sci-fi. What could be better?!