Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Book Romances That I Think Would Make It In The Real World:
1. Mr. Darcy & Elizabeth from Pride & Prejudice - These two are a given. They're so wrong that they're right. Their chemistry, their simplicity and the beautiful nature of their sweet relationship. Can I have it? But seriously. They'd totally last!
2. Mara & Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Ok, it's the classic combination of elusive and exclusive bad boy with the equally dark and mysterious bad girl. These two are a match made in...offbeat romance land. Plus, in my mind, they're both perfect.
3. Noah & Echo from Pushing the Limits - If you see my review yesterday, you'll totally understand it. These two characters go together like peanut butter and jelly. They're both a little bit damaged, but together they're whole.
4. Caleb and Maggie from Leaving Paradise - Let's just forget for a moment that there is a book two because (honestly) it never needed to be written. Caleb and Maggie went through so much, and they came out of it with a newfound respect for one another...and a new love.
5. Susan Chilmark and Timothy Collier from The Last Silk Dress - She was a diehard Confederate. He was a diehard Yankee. They should have hated one another, but they were both so passionate about their causes that they found a mutual respect...and a sweet, beautiful love.
6. Katniss Everdeen & Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games - Again with the damaged and brokenness. These two both have these humble beginnings, and they have to go through hell and back just to survive. Who better to love than one another because they've known each other at their weakest and most vulnerable.
7. Carly & Ryan from Raw Blue - Colour me utterly jealous of the connection these two characters have. It's flawless, tangible, beautiful, heartbreaking and totally real. They have to learn to love one another for their baggage in order to make it through.
8. Harry Potter & Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter - I remember being utterly delighted when these two got together. I also remember the fierce protection that Harry had for Ginny, but the respect he had to let her be the strong witch she was. Perfection.
9. Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger from Harry Potter - These two have such a perfect dynamic. He's a bit of a buffoon, and she's a know-it-all, but they have hearts of gold, and their friendship actually took the time to grow into something more.
10. Elena Gilbert & Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries - I know, I know. They're NOT actually together, however, I believe these two would last far longer than she and Stefan would. I think that love would bore her over time, but Damon would certainly keep her on her toes.