Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
The Top Ten Best & Worst Book to Film Adaptations
I'm one of those people that needs to read the book before I see the movie, but it's a catch-22 because if I love a book, the movie will almost certainly never live up. That said, there are some that do live up to their literary counterparts, so I figured I'd show a split. Here are the five best and the five worst book to film adaptations...in my humble opinion, of course!
1. Pride & Prejudice - The 2005 version. Keira Knightly plays the perfect Lizzie Bennett...and Mr. Darcy...yeah, that is all.
2. The Notebook - I swear, I'm not a big romantic film lover, but this is perfection to me. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are the perfect Allie and Noah.
3. A Walk to Remember - I read this book so long ago, but the movie actually lived up, and it made me cry half a dozen times. It doesn't hurt that the music is pretty great, too.
4. Atonement - I went with some friends to see this one who thought it would be like Pearl Harbor. Needless to say, it's not. It's rough, it's edgy and it's not a feel-good movie...but it's amazing.
5. Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - The movies just got better and better. I just happened to love this film the most. It might be the fact that I still love Sirius Black.
1. I Am Number Four - I really liked this book despite the controversy surrounding the author(s) of it. The film, however, was just blah. I expected more from you, Alex Pettyfer!
2. The Last Song - I love this book. I hate this movie. I should have felt something while watching this, but let's be real. Miley Cyrus portrays the emotional range of a bean.
3. The Lovely Bones - This movie is just blasphemy. I loved this book. Loved, loved, loved. Tell me, do you really think that any of the true passion was captured in this film? No. It wasn't.
4. My Sister's Keeper - Ugh. I really don't have words to say how wrong this film was cast and just how badly it played out. That ending...you changed the. entire. book. UGH.
5. The Lightning Thief - There have been worse movies made. I know this. However, if you're trying to set up an epic new fantasy film series...do it right. The books is a zillion times better.