Monday Movie Review #14 - Oceans

Monday, April 26, 2010

I saw ONE movie this weekend...just ONE...and it was AMAZINGGGGG!!! Think I love it yet? Just wait until you've heard all my thoughts (insert canned laughter here)...



Oceans is a remarkable visual and auditory journey and is narrated by the one and only Pierce Brosnan and begins with the simple lines:

"What is the ocean? The answer isn’t in a book. You must see it for yourself. Hear it. Taste it. Feel its power. Live it.”


Oceans spans the globe, exploring the world's five oceans and delving into the deep underwater world from the different perspectives and viewpoints of the animals that live there. It's so real...so tangible...that at times you actually feel like you're swimming in the ocean with them. It's an amazing thing. Oh, and here's an interesting fact - this film took four years simply to gather enough film and material to piece together into one great masterpiece. I'd say the filmmakers definitely succeeded. Released on Earth Day, Oceans is a gentle reminder that we should do all we can to preserve these magnificent habitats.

It's hard to review a film like Oceans, but if you're in the mood for something beautiful, entertaining, and just a little bit educational, I highly recommend this for all ages. I give film a 5 out of 5 for sure! Below is the trailer.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome review. Sounds like something Mr. Whimsy would LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this is for me, but I do like Pierce Brosnan!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..How fascinating story..I would love to watch it too.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I really want to see this movie. I didn't go to the movies at all this weekend which is extremely weird for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review, Melissa! I'm planning to see it for research on my current wip. Glad to hear it's worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks great. Something to really see at an IMAX theater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to see this on Earth Day last week, but my theater wasn't showing it. I saw Earth last year on Earth Day, so I was looking forward to seeing Oceans but oh well. I was so mad! I'm glad you enjoyed though : D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds beautiful! I watched a bit of the "Planet Earth" series on DVD and loved it, so I'm sure this would be perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic review! Wow...I think I might take my mom to see Oceans, then. She loves this kind of stuff, and I trust your judgement :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover