Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Have at My Thanksgiving Feast:
1. Michelle Hodkin - Why, you ask? Clearly you haven't met her! Michelle is one of the nicest, sweetest and most genuine people out there, and it just so happens that she is an incredibly talented author. Picking her brain for an hour and chatting about animals wasn't nearly enough time...what better place than a Thanksgiving feast?!
2. J.K. Rowling - A girl can dream, right? If I had an hour to ask her questions or sit and eat dinner with her, one of two things could happen. 1) I drive her insane with idiotic questions for hours, or 2) I sit bug-eyed and silent...internally fangirling.
3. Rick Riordan - I don't know about you, but I want to know how in the heck he makes Greek mythology look so dang good and be so dang legible! His characters are fun, so obviously, he has to be fun, too.
4. Kirsty Eagar - Well, obviously I'd be fangirling over her books, then I'd fangirl over her accent, and then I'd tell her to get her publishers to get her books in the US, stat. Either way, I think she could teach me how to surf, so why not spend a fun Thanksgiving learning, eh?
5. Kendare Blake - She has one of the most genius and inventive minds, and I can't imagine how much fun it would be to chat horror and paranormal with her. Truly. I mean that with utter sincerity!
6. Brian Jacques - I know he recently passed, but I would still love to spend Thanksgiving with him! He always wrote about these epic feasts in his books, and my mouth would be watering for days...not that I knew what any of the food was, or anything.
7. Sara Shepard - I might not love the shows based on her books (though The Lying Game is leagues better), but I am so enthralled by her books. They're easy, fast and they are so entertained. I want more!
8. James Dashner - I think his dystopian series is one of the most underrated and underreviewed series ever. I adore it. I really need to review it and share my love for his series because it is THAT good. Plus, I'd pick his brain on the prequel. Jussayin'.
9. Richelle Mead - I've sworn up and down, time and again that I loathe vampires. I'll never like them. BUT I was convinced to read the Vampire Academy series, and I was sold. I want to know how she did that.
10. Marissa Meyer - She's a debut author, but holy hell does she have one original plot with Cinder! I'm obsessed. I want her at my Thanksgiving so I can grill her and find out more!