Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read:
1. Anna and the French Kiss - I know, I know, I know. Please don't tar and feather me. It's just that I've seen so many epic reviews of this one that I'm terrified I'll be (quite literally) the only one that hates it.
2. Torment - I read Fallen, and it wasn't bad. It wasn't amazing, but it certainly wasn't bad. I just couldn't bring myself to pick up book two because I don't want to tarnish the little impression that book one left in my mind as it is.
3. Spirit Bound - I cannot bring myself to finish this series! I really can't! I'm pretty sure it will devastate me, and I'm not sure I can take it. I mean, I hate finishing series, and I actually happened to love this one despite my reservations.
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - It was a gift to me and, for some reason, it never really struck my fancy. I don't know what it is about it, but I'm just not sure it's for me.
5. Forgive My Fins - Again, I really don't know why I haven't read this one. I love the colours of the cover. I love the premise. Perhaps it's a lack of time to sit down and enjoy a book, or perhaps I'm just in a mermaid funk.
6. Evermore - I read some less-than-raving reviews of this one, and I couldn't bring myself to read it after that. There's something about preserving that ideal in your mind that you don't always want to ruin.
7. The Duff - It's the content, guys. I'm sorry. I read her other book, and it wasn't so bad, but there's something about the content that just screams the sort of contemporary fiction that I don't love to read. She's a great writer, but just not of my type of book.
8. The It Girl - For some reason that continues to defy all reason, I loved the Gossip Girl book series (HATE the show). That said, I read two pages of the Jenny spinoff and went no further. this one sits stagnant on my shelf.
9. Birthmarked - I remember buying this and being so excited to read it. Then, my review queue was flooded, and I've yet to have time to read it since. One of these days I'll dust it off and give it a go!
10. Scars - I love a dark read, especially when it's emotional and pulls at the heartstrings. There's something about the context of this one that I'm a bit leery of, despite the positive reviews. I think I just need to be in the right mindframe...and have some time.