In My Mailbox 3/20

Sunday, March 20, 2011

In My Mailbox is an amazing weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren that features the books we have received during the week. It's so much fun because we get to see what our fellow bloggers stumbled upon this week and add even more to our piles of books! Without further ado, this week I received the following books:

FOR REVIEW
(Thank you, House of Lore)

For fifteen-year-old Ada discovering that she can heal feels more like a curse than a gift. When she learns of the mystery surrounding her mother's disappearance, and sees the indifference of so-called friends, she sets out for Paris to find her.

The power to heal protects her, but also has her hunted by a man who sees her as nothing more than his fountain of youth. Ada realizes her true power is her will to survive, and that her only chance at freedom is to become the best at escaping.

FOR TOUR/REVIEW

Carly has dropped out of uni to spend her days surfing and her nights working as a cook in a Manly café. Surfing is the one thing she loves doing ... and the only thing that helps her stop thinking about what happened two years ago.

Then she meets Ryan and Carly has to decide ... Will she let the past bury her? Or can she let go of her anger and shame, and find the courage to be happy?

BOUGHT

Both Henry and Eva are New Jersey natives and excellent athletes: Henry's a master on the tennis court and Eva is a graceful ballerina. When opportunity knocks for both of them the summer before their junior year in high school they throw open the door: Henry sees freedom from her overbearing father and a chance to build her talents on the court.

Eva sees the chance to be the best as well as even more pressure to be graceful, lighter, more perfect on the dancefloor. But soon, Eva's obsession with physical perfection leads her down the path to anorexia.


WON

Proofs of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer...and this amaaaaazing art print!
(Thank you, Michelle Hodkin!)

35 comments:

  1. I've been seeing Jersey Tomatoes Are the Best everywhere, but I had no clue what the book was about. It doesn't exactly sound like something I'd read, but I'm looking forward to your review. Maybe it's much more than it seems. I also received Ada, but haven't started it yet. It has a different look from most YA books and that really drew me in. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like some really awesome books. Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of your novels this week. I hope you enjoy them all!

    My Mailbox has some super cool Dark Days of Supernatural stuff in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab books! I've read some good reviews for Raw Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Raw Blue, it's been sitting on my shelves for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! I am so glad you are reading Raw Blue. I really hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada is pretty good, not really what I expected but I enjoyed it. Not heard of the other two, looking forward to seeing what you think! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am coveting raw blue like you would not believe! I have heard nothing but amazing and extremely HAWT things about that book. And oh, the cover of the tomatoes book really made me giggle. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all sounds really good. Ada got my attention - it sounds really interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raw Blue sounds really, really good! I can't wait to read what you think about it! Enjoy =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jersey Tomatoes are the Best...hilarious and cute name! Great books this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard really good things about Raw Blue, so I definitely cannot wait to see what you think of it Melissa!

    Have a great rest of the weekend!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting books this week. I will definitely check out your reviews. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy the books you got and I'm looking forward to your reviews!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for awesome Mara Dyer-ness!!
    That's so cool you got that print art. Lucky lady ;D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm still jealous about the Mara Dyer stuff. I love the art done for that cover. It's beyond awesome.

    Happy reading Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you love Blue Raw as much as I did. Happy Reading, Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooh Mara Dyer! Looks good! I've heard great things about Raw Blue and can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the books in your mailbox look good, especially Raw Blue. I can't wait to read that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY for Raw Blue, and I must say, that print is beautful! Congrats on winning that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haven't heard of these one - will have to check them out.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhhh! Raw Blue! I just adored that one, I need to get myself an actual copy of it, I had a hard time putting it in the mail to Missie and parting with it:) Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look like some interesting reads. I've been wanting to checking out Raw Blue. I like the title Jersey Tomatoes are the Best. I never would have guessed it had to do with anorexia. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow,that print is amazing. Congrats and great mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. *jaw drops* The art print for The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is SO GORGEOUS!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am still squeeing over your Mara Dyer win - that art print is just stunning! I can't wait to read Raw Blue and I have never heard of Jersey Tomatoes are the Best -must check this out stat! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The first three books are new for me.
    Thanks for posting the pictures.

    The first two books are frightening for me.
    I wonder how the story inside.

    I hope you enjoy all of them

    In My Mailbox #8

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am looking forward to your thoughts on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You always have books I wouldn't normally read, it's great to keep an open mind

    ReplyDelete
  31. l really need to read Raw Blue! Linds keeps telling me how good it is =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome Unbecoming of Mara Dyer win! And I'll be interested to see what you think of Jersey Tomatoes Are The Best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover