Waiting on Wednesday 7/6

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: The Probability of Miracles
Author: Wendy Wunder
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: December 8, 2011
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Pages: 336

Dry, sarcastic, sixteen-year-old Cam Cooper has spent the last seven years in and out hospitals. The last thing she wants to do in the short life she has left is move 1,500 miles away to Promise, Maine - a place known for the miraculous events that occur there.

But it's undeniable that strange things happen in Promise: everlasting sunsets; purple dandelions; flamingoes in the frigid Atlantic; an elusive boy named Asher; and finally, a mysterious envelope containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies. As Cam checks each item off the list, she finally learns to believe - in love, in herself, and even in miracles.
I've found myself longing for a book with depth, meaning and a bit more feeling lately than what I've been reading. That's not to say the books I've been reading aren't great, but I want something that feels real and tugs at the heartstrings. The Probability of Miracles sounds like it fits the ticket in a nutshell. Part The Bucket List, part teenage angst, part learning to appreciate each day in its pure simplicity, it sounds like an amazing, memorable read, and I can't wait to try it. What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

27 comments:

  1. Oh, I've never heard of this one before. Sounds intense. I think I know what you mean about longing for books with a little more depth lately.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so interesting and I love the cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I had not heard of this one before. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this one, but that's a pretty cute cover. Synopsis sounds so intriguing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is going to make me cry! I'm 100% positive! The cover and title really caught me eye at first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds really cute! I love the synopsis...definitely makes me want to read it. I've seen this on a few other WOW's today! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome and it's set in Maine:) I haven't seen this one, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, I hope it will be too

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so freaky how many of the books you choose for WoW are books I am excited about too. I almost had this one up today as well. It sounds awesome. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing a lot of new to me books today! This is another! Hope you like it when you get it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds fantastic. You know how much I love YA contemps, so I will definitely be adding this one to my to-read list.

    If you're looking for more depth - have you read The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle? I'm almost done with it, and it's definitely an emotional read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting pick Melissa, and I do think it sounds like there is some real depth to this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a great book to read! I have never heard of it but I am definitely adding to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I haven't heard of this one Melissa, it sounds awesome. I want a mysterious boy named Asher to show up in my town. I love the hubs, but he's not really mysterious. The mystery leaves when he feels comfortable enough to fart in your presence. Super. But I digress...this books sounds so good, I clearly need a little mystery in my life;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one's new to me. Definitely sounds like it will give you what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a huge fan of YA contemps but I saw this and thought it looked really good. Great pick!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not digging the cover on this one, but it sounds like an interesting read. Why do I keep picturing Robin William in What Dreams May Come turning around and pointing a finger while shouting, "It's about NOT giving up!" The synopsis just reminded me of that.

    Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book has been on my wishlist since I saw it in Penguin's catalog! It sounds AMAZING. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, what a gorgeous cover! thanks for sharing, melissa, i hadn't seen this one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This really does sound like it's going to be a novel that has you feeling with the characters, instead of just for them. Like you'll be going through the emotions, too. And then it will also stay with you. I really am excited about this book, great WoW! :)

    Happy Reading! ;)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My IMM
    My Teaser Tuesday
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, Asher is a great name. Haha. Anyway, I love books with depth too. Especially in the summer. It has a sort of feeling that comes with it. And the cover of this one is pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the sound of this one. Beautiful summary. Can't wait to read it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. This book sounds like a tear-jerker! I better grab the tissues before jumping into this one! XO~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  24. Immediate add to my TBR. I was going to post last night on Twitter, and I still might, asking for a longer read that's really engulfing a bit more than fluff. You hit the nail on the head with this one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A few blogs had this book on their WOW today. I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a unique location. Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover