Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read if You Like X-Men

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ever since I was little, science fiction has been my go-to genre. I can get lost in it, there's something innately amazing about it, and I love the fact that it is such a heightened version of our own reality. I think that's why the X-Men movies always worked so well for me. They're just superhero enough to appeal to the masses, but they have these bits of sci-fi and normal life mixed in that make them resonate to everyone. So, naturally, I've gravitated to books that remind me of that, as well...


Minder by Kate Kaynak. One by Leigh Ann Kopans. Altered by Jennifer Rush. 


Impostor by Susanne Winnacker. Origin by Jessica Khoury. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.


Blackout by Robison Wells. Linked by Imogen Howson. Unremembered by Jessica Brody. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.

What sort of books would you suggest to fans of superhero novels, and why? Have you read any of these books and agree/disagree with my suggestions?

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Broke and the Bookish.

6 comments:

  1. Altered and Shatter Me are the only ones I've read in your list. I agree with you that Altered has an X-Men vibe to it, but not Shatter Me. That is one just so romance-driven and the whole series doesn't really focus on the MC's superpowers.
    I loved Leigh Ann Kopans's contemporary novel, so I need to try One. I love her covers!
    Great post, Melissa. I hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHHHH!!! I love it! LOVE X-Men! I had no idea that The Uglies was based on x-men-ish elements....I'll definitely have to look into that series now! Thanks for sharing :)
    check out my TTT @Book Hangovers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Shatter Me but that definitely has an X-Men vibe going on.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the books here except for Shatter Me, which I adored. I loved X-Men as well so I guess I should check out some of these reads. Thanks for the suggestions, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! One of these days I really need to watch those movies! I love comic book movies!

    Only read Shatter Me from this list, but can definitely agree about that one!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this list. I LOVED One by Leigh Ann Kopans. Loved Origin and Shatter Me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover