Waiting on Wednesday: Evidence of Things Not Seen

Wednesday, April 2, 2014


Title: Evidence of Things Not Seen
Author: Lindsey Lane
Publisher: FSG BYR
Publish Date: September 16, 2014
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Pages: 240

When high school junior Tommy Smythe goes missing, everyone has a theory about what happened to him. Tommy was adopted, so maybe he ran away to find his birth parents. He was an odd kid, often deeply involved in his own thoughts about particle physics, so maybe he just got distracted and wandered off. He was last seen at a pull-out off the highway, so maybe someone drove up and snatched him.

Or maybe he slipped into a parallel universe. Tommy believes that everything is possible, and that until something can be proven false, it is possibly true. So as long as Tommy’s whereabouts are undetermined, he could literally be anywhere.
Contemporary fiction seems to be a genre that's working fairly well for me lately, so I'm hoping that 2014 continues the streak and delivers many more hits. Evidence of Things Not Seen sounds like a gripping and emotional read - if a bit withdrawn - and it could very well be one of those sleeper novels that surprises people. That's the type of book I love the most; one with characters, a journey and an emotional journey to overcome. What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature from Jill at Breaking the Spine.

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic pick! This one sounds awesome and is new to me. I'll be adding it to my TBR list. I hear you about contemporary reads this year…I've been loving them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds pretty awesome, Melissa and it has such a gorgeous cover! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover on this one Melissa! The blurb definitely has me curious, I want to know what happened to him and where he is now. It's always fascinating to me people's descriptions of someone after something significant has happened to them - "I always knew he was.." It seems like we'll get a lot of that type of speculation in this book:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this one, Melissa, but I'm intrigued by the premise. I love sleeper novels that surprise you. For me, they tend to linger longer in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's definitely new to me! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, it sounds really different. I'll be looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! Very excited for this one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one before, but I'm definitely intrigued and love that cover, so onto the TBR this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blurb kind of sounds similar to SO many contemporary mystery thrillers that I've seen lately, but the parallel universe thing sounds curious. Thanks for sharing!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  10. I both like and don't like the cover. The physics references are cool but it's a bit too busy for me. This sounds really different and interesting, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover