A Little Life Update

Friday, April 11, 2014

As most of my lovely readers know, I got married in January to my amazing husband, Ryan, who's made my life a million times better every single day. He was, in large part, the reason why I decided to come back to book blogging. His confidence in me is unwavering, and he supports me in all we do. We're enjoying our crazy lives as newlyweds married to the Army and awaiting solid orders for 2015.

You might remember from my cruise recap that we thought I had come down with norovirus or some sort of bacterial infection from the cruise. I was just not feeling well, and though we were settling back into our everyday lives, something just felt off. So, I went to the doctor here on post to see if they could tell me why, exactly, I felt so dang gross. Wellllll…her answer was simple… 


Guys, this was not planned, nor was it even on our minds for at least a year. We'd planned to wait until after our PCS next year to consider it, and we'd really wanted to travel more and enjoy our lives as newlyweds. But hey…God had other plans, and I guess He sped up our timetable. 

We're crazy excited, crazy terrified and crazy in shock right now, but we're living it one day at a time. So, here's to wicked heartburn, ridiculous flatulence and mood swings like no other…what can I say? Pregnancy is a beautiful thing ;) 

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA! I thought this was an update about you ditching us off to another holiday lol but yaaay! Very happy for you and your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Parenthood is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so amazing! Congratulations to both of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Congratulations!!

    Couldn't see the pic or whatever is between these two sets of paragraphs, so I was kind of left, ooomg what's happened?! Kind of guessed it, but you can never be sure! Luckily you confirmed it in the last paragraph!

    So congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you guys didn't hang around, huh?! ;) Congratulations to you and Ryan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Melissa! I really like how your husband described it on FB...nanofetus :-)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and Ryan Melissa, I know you will both make amazing parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how exciting, Melissa! CONGRATS! You and Ryan must be so happy and I'm sure you'll make wonderful parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Melissa! How exciting! :) Congratulations to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS!! Even though you weren't planning on having kids this quickly, that's totally awesome. You'll make a fabulous mom. :) *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats for the next wonderful stage of your life Melissa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just seeing this, but congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover