Waiting on Wednesday: Auracle

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: Auracle
Author: Gina Rosati
Publisher: Roaring Book Press
Publish Date: August 7, 2012
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Pages: 304
16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.

When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.
Ok, first of all...that cover. Holy gorgeous. I know, I know. I'm like a broken record, but DANG! That's one pretty cover! Second of all, Auracle sounds like a really intriguing read. There's something about astral projection that totally fascinates me. I blame it on Charmed. In all seriousness though, it seems like this one could be just dark enough to intrigue me...and have just enough romance to kick me while I'm down! I can't wait. What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

22 comments:

  1. I like the whole body-stealing angle. This book sounds really good. I like the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title, and I agree...it definitely looks intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound fascinating! And adore the cover :D

    Great pick, 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Deep! Sounds cool. I'd be interested in the battle for the body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound good! I like the idea of astral projection instead of the usual vampires, wearwolves, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, loving the cover for this one. I haven't heard of it before but it looks good. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this book as well!


     


    Thanks for sharing,


    Dani


    WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1983

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is GORGEOUS! Love it! Love your blog design by the way! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hah! I was going to blame my love of astral projection on Charmed too. :) I love that show. 

    This books sounds really good. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I'm totally with you on the Charmed-astral projection connection. I hope this one lives up to my hopes because it sounds so interesting!

    And OMG that cover...so beautiful. I love the blues and how it looks like it will/could sparkle in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is sooooo pretty!! Totally want to read it  just because of this! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cover would already be enough reason to buy this book, but I'm in love with the summary, too. Awesome pick! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that cover. The premise sounds really interesting, too. Thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This definitely sounds like my kind of read and oh, how I heart that cover too. Great choice Melissa, I haven't seen this one featured yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one does look pretty interesting! I love the cover too!

     Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover is really pretty! it sounds like itll be a good read! Here's my WoW!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read this one. I love everything about it: title, cover, idea... hope it's a good book! :) 

    great pick! 

    my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree about the cover!  Wow!  Nice choice :)  I have this one on my TBR list too!

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday PostHappy Reading!Megan (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds great and I love the cover, I'll definitely be adding it to my TBR list. Check out my WOW @ http://best-of-ya.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html. And I'm also a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover