Waiting on Wednesday: Blind Spot

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: Blind Spot
Author: Laura Ellen
Publisher: Harcourt Children's
Publish Date: October 23, 2012
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Mystery
Pages: 356
There’s none so blind as they that won’t see.

Seventeen-year-old Tricia Farni’s body floated to the surface of Alaska’s Birch River six months after the night she disappeared. The night Roz Hart had a fight with her. The night Roz can’t remember. Roz, who struggles with macular degeneration, is used to assembling fragments to make sense of the world around her.

But this time it’s her memory that needs piecing together—to clear her name . . . to find a murderer. This unflinchingly emotional novel is written in the powerful first-person voice of a legally blind teen who just wants to be like everyone else.
Guys, you know me...I just can't resist a gorgeous cover. There's something so hauntingly beautiful about dark, eerie colours and eyes. I'm crazy. I know. Despite all that though, I really think that the premise of Blind Spot is original and engaging and, perhaps, just a wee bit disturbing. Does it really get any better than that? Now that contemporaries aren't disappointing me as much these days, I'm really excited to get my hands on this! What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

17 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by macular degeneration. An issue that hasn't been dealt with yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to pick this one this week, but saw the new Valente one and had to pick that instead X-P This is a super gorgeous cover. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great Melissa! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This is also on my to read list.
    Happy Wednesday :)

    My WoW
    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn’t agree more about loving this hauntingly beautiful cover. That is what drew me in to this book when I first saw it as well. Can’t wait for it’s release! Great pick!
















    Darlene @ Leather Bound and
    Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great pick Melissa, I think I've seen this book floating around on my gr feed, it does sound really unique and spooky at the same time! Can't wait to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7.  I love the premise of this one!  Sounds like a great psychological mystery. And that cover is definitely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first word that came to my mind for describing the cover was "haunting" too. I really like the premise for this one. It's both a mystery, but also the MC is not like other YA characters. I'll be looking forward to seeing what people think about this book once reviews start appearing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I've had my eye on this one too! (Pun intended, LOL.) Really interested to see how the macular degeneration aspect comes into play. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of this one! Looks intriguing though!

     Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gracious! I had chills when I read the synopsis - creepy chills. It sounds like one I'd like. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is on my wish list for so many reasons!! One is the awesome cover, but the synopsis sounds incredible too! 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool cover and this one looks really good. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, this cover is amazing.  It's the (first) reason that I added it to my reading list.  Of course, it also sounds pretty darn interesting, so that's a perk. ;) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. This does sound amazing. And that cover is stunning. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover