Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had Sequels

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

The Top Ten Books I Wish Had Sequels
(even if they really, really wouldn't work)


1. Not a Drop to Drink - This was a newer title that I read, and I really, really loved it. I just wish that the ending hadn't been so hurried so we could have lived in Lynn's world a bit longer.

2. Raw Blue - I doubt I really have to justify this being on any of my lists anymore. This book is perfection, and I would have loved to learn more about Carly's healing process.

3. Find Me - There aren't too many thrillers that really captivate me and capture my attention, but this book had me rabid for it from the start. I want more, I want more! (cue AT&T commercial)

4. Between - I still don't know why so few people have read this book. Seriously, it's one of my all-time favourites even in spite of a bit of predictability. It's a true diamond in the rough. 

5. Many Waters - I don't think there is any logical way to make a sequel to a sci-fi version of Noah's Ark, but I wish there could be a way! This book is pure gold. I own five copies.



6. The Fault in Our Stars - Okay, I know that any sequel to this would probably be the most depressing thing in the world, but I loved, loved, loved this book. I wish there was a way!

7. The Raft - For a book with one character (okay, I guess you could say two), this book is a winner. It's eerie, it's tense, it's incredible, and I just want to know what happened after the last page.

8. Wintergirls - Of all Laurie Halse Anderson's books, this is my favourite, hands down. Lia was a powerful, horrible character, and I wanted to hit and her save her at the same time. 

9. Safekeeping - I didn't think such a simple, low-key dystopian novel would work, but this one really did. On one hand, I loved the ending, but on the other hand, it was so good that I definitely want more.

10. Sea Change - I read this one when I first started blogging, and I actually emailed the author to find out if there was a sequel I didn't know about. There isn't. I'm still crushed.

28 comments:

  1. I'm such a fan of Between too. I keep meaning to read more from that author!

    I would have liked a Shadow Hills (Anastasia Hopcus) sequel. There was talk of one, but it doesn't seem to be happening now. I also really want the third book in the Dark Inside series by Jeyn Roberts to happen. I know the author wants it to happen too, so hopefully at some point it will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between is one of the few books I loved from Jessica Warman, but I'd LOVE to see more of it simply because of that! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG. I need a sequel to The Fault in Our Stars, maybe about Isaac?

    Awesome list there, Melissa! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to hear more of Isaac's story...wouldn't it?!

      Delete
  3. Nice list! I always thought there was a sequel to Sea Change, sad to find out there isn't :(

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started Not a Drop To Drink -- it's a hard, scary world they live in, isn't it?!? And (don't judge) but I haven't read A Fault In Our Stars yet. It still sits on my shelf. Wait. I'm going to pull it off and read it TODAY. YES, I WILL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I judge you, lady?! I barely read it till last month! haha we're both horrible people.

      Delete
  5. I'm so ashamed after reading your list. I have only maybe read 2 novels in your list, Not a Drop to Drink and Find Me.
    I totally think Not a Drop to Drink could do with a sequel.
    I'm pretty sure that Find Me will have a sequel with the way the book ended. Do you recall the whole "Remember Me" thing?
    Great list, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh you're right, Nick! I really want a sequel to FIND ME because, well, I loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

      Delete
  6. I would love to know what happened to Carly and Ryan too! I only managed to read Raw Blue a few months ago but it has stuck with me ever since. Thank you for your list - I now have quite a few more titles to add to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you read some of these titles, Sophia! These are some of my absolute favourite books :)))

      Delete
  7. I'd love a sequel to Raw Blue. I feel like the ending was so abrupt and it would be so nice to see how things played out. Great Top Ten, Melissa!(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would die of happiness if we got a sequel to Raw Blue Melissa! It's of course beautiful and perfect as it is, but I would love a little novella or extended epilogue to see how the two of them are doing now. *dreamy sigh* I still need to read all the rest of the ones on your list besides The Raft. Fail:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A TFioS sequel would probably kill me emotionally...I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TFiOS has been a popular one on lists today! I debated on putting it on mine and eventually decided that the ending was perfect and I couldn't imagine seeeing the characters any differently then I do now. I also really want to read The Raft! I'm glad it left you wanting more =

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that I haven't read any of the books on your list.But I have Raw Blue and it seems really interesting!My TTT-->http://bookladysreviews.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-15.html

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many Waters! I can't believe I didn't think of that one. What a perfect and wonderful choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of Many Waters, I'm really interested in that one. I've seen Not A Drop to Drink but don't remember the reviews about it. It's so rare to not have sequels these days I'm surprised you could come up with 10! I am with you on Raw Blue!!! Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only heard of The Fault in Our Stars. I'll have to check out Raw Blue, it seems like a lot of people hold it in high regard.

    Thanks for the follow, I'm following back on Bloglovin'.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. RAW BLUE! I get your feelings on this. I wish we'd gotten to see Carly come out of her internal place a bit more at the end. But I agree that more might ruin it all! I'm excited to read Not a Drop to Drink and I really want to read Many Waters! I LOVED so many of L'Engle's books growing up - esp her Wrinkle in Time series. Oh The Fault in Our Stars. I agree that it was amazing, but I don't think I could go back there. I just finished Find Me, and it seemed like the last paragraph was teasing a book 2??? I definitely think the author could continue that series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It would definitely rock to have a sequel for Not a Drop to Drink and TFIOS! Wintergirls, too - that story was intense and excellent.

    Great choices, Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh there is a few there I want to read and now I want to read even more. Sarah Beth Durst also writes standalones but I would love a sequel from at least one of her stories. I do enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I completely agree with The Fault in Our Stars. I know it wouldn't work, but I don't care.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really liked The Fault, but I think you're right that it would probably be really depressing. I'm excited to read Find Me. Glad to hear it's worthy of a sequel. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Out of your list I've only read The Fault in Our Stars and Safekeeping, but I wholeheartedly agree that sequels would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not sure if someone said this about Find Me yet in the comments -- but it actually has a sequel! I asked Romily on Twitter, and she said the next one is called "Remember Me" and it's due sometime in 2014. I was sooo excited. That's one of my favorite YA thrillers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read any of these books but I'm taking note because I'm always looking for a good stand alone these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover