Waiting on Wednesday: The Glass Casket

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: The Glass Casket
Author: McCormick Templeman (Twitter)
Publisher: Delacorte
Publish Date: February 11, 2014
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Pages: 352

Death hasn’t visited Rowan Rose since it took her mother when Rowan was only a little girl. But that changes one bleak morning, when five horses and their riders thunder into her village and through the forest, disappearing into the hills. Days later, the riders’ bodies are found, and though no one can say for certain what happened in their final hours, their remains prove that whatever it was must have been brutal.

Rowan’s village was once a tranquil place, but now things have changed. Something has followed the path those riders made and has come down from the hills, through the forest, and into the village. Beast or man, it has brought death to Rowan’s door once again.

Only this time, its appetite is insatiable.
As someone with a penchant for eerie, slightly off-kilter reads, you'd better believe that the synopsis of The Glass Casket speaks to me. There's nothing quite like a fantasy book that meshes together a haunting fairy tale retelling with a touch of the paranormal, a hint of darkness and a whole lot of fantasy drama. Plus, it really doesn't hurt that the pop of colour on the cover of this one makes the already-impressive packaging even better. Trust me, I'll be salivating over this one until I get my hands on it! What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

30 comments:

  1. I love books that are set in little villages, and this one actually sounds kind of creepy. I haven't heard of it until now, so thanks for getting it on my radar, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! There's something so creepy and eerie about it, plus I totally have a fascination with darker, edgier books, as I'm sure you can tell haha ;)

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard of this one! Sounds intriguing! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I hope it turns out to be even half as good as I hope it is!

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for this one, too! Looks so dark and the cover is so creepy! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it sound just phenomenal! I really, really can't wait for it!

      Delete
  4. Hadn't heard of this one yet, but it does sound intresting and a bit creepy. Thanks for sharing Melissa!

    My WoW @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I stumbled across it this week, and I couldn't resist, of course ;)

      Delete
  5. Interesting cover and it looks pretty good :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is what sold me first haha I'm totally a cover slut.

      Delete
  6. Sounds creepy in a good way.Great pick, Melissa :D

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strange, I always thought this one had already released. Eh.

    Great pick, Melissa! <33

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound like the type of book you'd like - in a good way. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That book looks delicious, and the cover is gorgeous! I'm already intrigued about what happened to the horsemen!

    Is this a period book? Sounds historical, which I love too! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I know! It sounds like it is a bit historical, Lauren, which has me even more excited!

      Delete
  10. That is an awesome and eerie cover! Great pick...although creepy reads aren't my favorite, there is definitely something about this one that sounds super intriguing. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though?! I absolutely can't wait for it, and I hope it's as eerie as its cover suggests!

      Delete
  11. YES, this sounds so good! And that cover! Gosh, it gives me chills just looking at it. Eerily wonderful pick, Melissa!(;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keertana! I think this one sounds so dark and tempting that I just HAVE to pick it up haha

      Delete
  12. I love the cover of this book so much. I came across it last week and added it to my TBR. It totally sounds like something I would enjoy.
    Great pick, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just gorgeous! I love the little pop of colour (oh yeah, and the synopsis) haha ;)

      Delete
  13. I agree Melissa The Glass Casket sounds absolutely amazing, I like how it's got that creepy vibe going on. This book sounds like something that I wouldn't read, but the premise already has me wanting more. And what a stunning cover! Brilliant pick Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooo never heard of this one Melissa, but it sounds AWESOME! Definitely going on my list because I need to know what happened to those 5 riders and what's going to happen to this village now that death has a taste for them. So creepy. And dark. And full of win.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I think I'm waiting on this. I may have to try for an advance copy of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do like your off-kilter reads, don't you? I think this one would fit the bill perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the red on her nails! I'm not sure this is quite the read for me though-it might be too off-beat so I'll wait to see some reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover