Tune In Tuesday {1}

Tuesday, February 22, 2011






This feature is hosted by the lovely Ginger of GReads & showcases music (her other passion in life besides books!). Each week we will post a new or old song in hopes to gain more interest. Let's all help spread the love of music and find some new favourites on the way!

Everyone should feel free to get involved with this meme - just head on over, and link up, and remember to link back to G's blog, too!



This isn't my usual type of music. I am a self-professed punk-rock and alt-rock fan, but I'm fast becoming a fan of electro-pop music. As a fan of Owl City from before Adam Young got signed, I was introduced to LIGHTS, an awesome Canadian musician with a penchant for World of Warcraft and comic books. Plus, her tunes are great, and her lyrics are sweet. (Oh, and I'm jealous of her tattoos!) I hope you all love Saviour by LIGHTS.

15 comments:

  1. LIGHTS is awesome! You should also check out her Acoustic CD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this song too. I never heard of Saviour before, but I'm going to that youtube page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of the song before but I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have the album this song is on. I love it. Delightful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Melissa for always introducing me to new music :-) <3!!! & thank you for being a part of this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check that out. I like Owl City too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you like Owl City, are you also a fan of Postal Service - another electro-pop group?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is good! I'm mostly an alt-rock girl myself as well, but this is good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great song! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I'm off to learn more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, this is definitely interesting! I've never really been into hardcore electronica (I'm an alt-rock girl, too), but this song is kind of catchy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen a keytar in a long time! :) This is a good meme. I'll have to remember it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a very good song! I'm really liking this Tune in Tuesday's... I'm discovering some very great songs I have never heard before :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not really my cup of tea, but I didn't mind it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Owl City too! And being a Canadian of course I love Lights! She is just too darn cute.
    "Drive My Soul" is probably her best known song, it was on a ton of Old Navy commercials a couple of years ago and "February Air" is also really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover