Friday Fix #37 - Meet Anna!

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Friday Fix is a takeover of my Friday blog post by other bloggers who have volunteered their time and energy to "star" in their very own guest post on Friday. Only one mandatory rule (you can't get out of it!) - you must answer five of the most random questions I throw your way. The rest is up to you. Remember, if you'd like to be featured on the Friday Fix, send me an email, and let me know! So, without further ado, here is Anna from Anna Reads!


The Most Random Questions in the World...

1. What would happen to the ocean's water level if every boat was removed from the water at exactly the same time?

It would rise too quickly, creating a tidal wave so immense that the entire known world would be wiped out, except the lucky few people who happened to be reaching the peak of Mount Everest at that EXACT moment. They would be high enough up to be spared, but then would be responsible for repopulating the planet, which is quite awkward.


2. What would happen if a bee was allergic to pollen? Would it get hives?

No, it would sneeze a cute little bee sneeze. Bzzzzachoo!

3. If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

He would be homeless AND naked, the worst possible combination, especially in winter. Though I think mostly turtles are near beaches, so maybe then it would be nice. Sort of like being on a nude beach.

4. If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth "beeth"?

Apparently the etymological breakdown is: "In Ukrainian the word for booth is not bood, it is booda. When that was brought over into English it would be boodas, and change by the natural laws of consonant drift into one booth, two booths." Which makes no sense to me, but you know it HAS to be true because I Googled it. And people are never wrong on the Internet.

5. Why is Donkey Kong called that if he's not a donkey?

Because that guy is a total ass. He's going around, knocking things down, throwing barrels, harassing Mario. RUDE.



-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna, you CRACK me up! Only you could come up with answers better than my questions! To all of you – Anna has such a fun blog, and she’s a tweet-stalker, so I’m sure you guys will be friends in no time if you follow her blog, Anna Reads!

In other news, today is the last day to enter My Favourite Things Blogoversary Giveaway! Be sure to check it out and enter because, yes, it's international! Click HERE.

33 comments:

  1. Tweet Stalker!! hehe
    Yay Anna for being featured this week :-) Love her to pieces. And I like your answer about the bee sneeze, cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Q&A ever. I just laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by. These are great questions and answers. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL this made of simple awesomeness. I heart Anna :)

    How exactly is this blog battle going down by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha I always thought donkey kong was a total ass too it always made sense! Great interview! Love your fun questions.

    Jessica’s Vision

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait. Timeout. I WANT MR. HOTPANTS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY ANNA! These were fabulous answers (and questions), I particularly enjoyed the naked turtle/nude beach comment. Hilarious ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wondered why they called him Donkey. Maybe he's as stubborn as a mule?

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHAHA, oh that was great! Great answers, Anna! Ummmm, and who is this Mr. Hotpants? PS - just as I wrote this, my co-worker randomly said to someone, "and then he'll flip you over," (in relation to changing someone's admissions status). Still, the timing was too good!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I loved the nude beach response! Awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very funny responses! Nude beach and cute bee sneeze had me laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha ! Love this feature :) I loved Anna's answers.My favorite is the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, these totally made me laugh out loud! I want to hear a bee sneeze now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! This was the best way to start my morning :D

    Awesome Q&A, I love Anna's answers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww a sneezing bee, that is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Friday Fixes! Where the heck do you come up with these questions?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks...I needed that laugh break. ^_^ Awesomely fun post....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this meme. Is it sad and too geeky of me that I know the Donkey Kong answer? It was misheard and not translated correctly so it became Donkey. :) *hides*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your questions/ the answers you get to the questions... Reading them brightens up my day!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! Most hilarious questions and answers I've read!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I let out a Ha! when I read that last answer. This is why I shouldn't read these Friday posts when I'm at work..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I completely agree that Donkey Kong is an ass :oP Lately I've been playing DK on the Wii with my BF and we're so frustrated! It is a really hard game to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anna's answers were a hoot. I especially like the bee question and her bee sneeze!

    Checking back tomorrow for the take down. My money is on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol, I love Anna's answers! The bbbbzzachooo is so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL I love the Donkey Kong answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, hon - thanks so much for stopping by! I love your interview questions, and kudos to Anna for coming up with equally worthy answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think I'm going to die laughing. Melissa your random and fabulous questions make me giggle out loud and I love the way Anna come up with answers that were just as hilarious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seriously, I think I'm wetting myself from that Fix! That was awesome. The second to last last one was one of my favorites because it ended with "And people are never wrong on the internet". Also, Donkey Kong is rude. But man, LMAO, that was classicly brilliant!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  29. LMAO! Anna! So fun!

    Bzzzzachoo is like my new favorite word. And how big of a perv would I be considered if I want to visit a nude beach for turtles?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing job Anna (and Melissa for great questions! I think this is the best one so far, very funny, smart and kinda cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover