Waiting on Wednesday 12/1

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. As always, there are some amazing upcoming books, but this week I'm particularly excited for...

Title: Mermaid
Author: Carolyn Turgeon
Release Date: March 3, 2011
Publisher: Crown Publishing Group


The story of two very different women, one mortal, one mermaid, and the clash between worlds best kept apart... It is a cold day at the end of the world when a young woman, a princess in hiding, looks out across a Northern sea and sees something she could not have seen. It looks...it can't be. It looks like a mermaid's tail.
And, as she looks more closely, she sees that the mermaid is dragging a drowning sailor in her arms. Because, only hours before, another princess, the daughter of the sea queen, has decided to risk everything and take a look at the world above the sea: the world of mortals. And there she finds a storm, a shipwreck, a sailor, and sets in train events which will change both women's worlds for ever.

Taken from Goodreads.

I had the hardest time picking just one book to feature as my WoW this week, but I have to say that the stories of mermaids never get old for me. Mermaid sounds delightfully fresh and exciting, but still true to the classic sort of land vs. sea tale. Plus, Mermaid has an absolutely drool-worthy cover. The colours, the font...all of it...I'm sold on this story of mermaids, princesses, wars between different worlds and deep sea adventures (and it totally keeps with my love of water, eh?!) What do you think, and what are you waiting on this week?

29 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one but I must have it! I love mermaid stories, always have, and this one is definitely going on my list and I will attempt to wait patiently for its release. Gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read any mermaid book before but the blurb of this book sounds really interesting! Thank you for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Every book that has a mermaid on the cover is a must-read for me!! I love the blurb on the cover. Thank you so much for sharing, I"m adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no I fear a sad love triangle coming :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book before, but it kind of reminds me of The Little Mermaid! :) I'll check this book out when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mermaids are the new fallen angels. I CALLED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is so beautiful. It's definitely perfect for you. :D Mermaid stories are so interesting, I'll be looking forward to reading this one. Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Anna cracks me up :)

    I LOVE this cover and I have a fascination with mermaids! Have you read Daughters of the Sea: Hannah by Kathryn Lasky? It's a good mermaid book AND there are supposed to be more!

    Great pick Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting! I wasn't a big fan of Godmother, but I liked some things about it and want to try this author again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of this before, it sounds so good, and I HEART the cover. Thanks for the pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, that cover is totally drool-worthy! Great pick--I'm so excited for this one now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks amazing. And the cover is simply drool-worthy. Gotta love mermaids :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not going to lie, I haven't really jumped on the mermaid bandwagon, but that book? Might just make me want to!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this one is on my TBR pile too - fantastic pick. I am also looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy that there are more mer books out there! I used to have to hunt for them and now they are appearing everywhere! YaY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one looks good! Sounds like a spin on The Little Mermaid. This one has a gorgeous cover, too. Thanks for the heads up on it!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of mermaid books these days! I featured one on my WoW as well :D This one looks promising!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first time hearing about this one...but I'm hooked! Sounds good and definitely agree on that cover. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cover is amazing and it sounds really great!!! I'm not sure I'm going to love Mermaid books, but this one sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the mermaids too! I've read two mermaid books now: Lost Voices and The Mermaid's Mirror and really enjoyed them both!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The book cover really looks beautiful! I have always been mesmerized by mermaids, to be honest. :) Thanks for sharing, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is definitely a great WoW. Has me wish listing yet another great sounding tail (hee, hee)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE THIS COVER!! I'm going to have to add this to my TBR pile - half of it I swear is because of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm in agreement, that cover rocks! It sounds very interesting. I've only read one other mermaid book, but I didn't like it. However, I do have some more on my list to read next week, we'll see if they are any good. Excellent pick for Wow Melissa! :-)

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that cover is gorgeous! I just added this to my goodreads. And I love books about mermaids too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have yet to really read any Mermaid tales (no pun intended) but this seems like a must! The cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover