Friday Fix #39 - Meet Jenny!

Friday, December 31, 2010



The Friday Fix is a takeover of my Friday blog post by other bloggers who have volunteered their time and energy to "star" in their very own guest post on Friday. Only one mandatory rule (you can't get out of it!) - you must answer five of the most random questions I throw your way. The rest is up to you. Remember, if you'd like to be featured on the Friday Fix, send me an email, and let me know! So, without further ado, here is Jenny from Supernatural Snark!

The Most Random Questions in the World...

1. If man evolved from monkeys and apes, how are there still monkeys and apes?

Wow, this question makes my head hurt a little. I’m not sure I’m smart enough to adequately answer this question, but I’ll give it a go! I’m guessing there are still monkeys and apes because not every single member of each species evolved, perhaps certain ones were more genetically prone to evolving while others remained as the native species. Plus, as the evolution occurred, I’m sure there was some sort of species reproductive barrier so monkeys and apes were still making little monkeys and apes as the other evolving groups began reproducing with one another and continued on the evolutionary path.

That was a really long, convoluted answer. Sorry!

2. Why are boxing rings called "rings" if they're square?

Good question. I’m thinking they’re square because if they were circular, the fighters wouldn’t have any place to rest in between rounds, they’d just wander around the outside of the ring continuously looking for a place to stop, but there wouldn’t be one. So in the interest of the fighter’s sanity and to keep them from walking in never-ending circles in search of a corner to relax in, they made the “rings” square.

3. Why do you have to sterilize equipment used for a lethal injection?

I’ve always wondered about this! I’m guessing they want to give them their rights as a human being–to be treated with sanitary medical care despite the fact they’re about to die. If I were the person administering the lethal injections, it could give me a little, and I mean a very little, peace of mind to know I was medically professional even if the result was still death. Whew, that question was a bit of a downer!

4. There are guided missiles, so does that mean the military has misguided missiles, too?

I’m sure in the long history of the military they’ve had some wayward missiles, but I don’t like to think about that. I prefer to stay in my happy little bubble where I know they are all smarter than me when it comes to weaponry and that they’ll sort any misguided missiles out :)

5. Why is it called "tourist season" if it's illegal to shoot them?
 
Well, as much as I’m sure many of the people who live in touristy areas often fantasize about inflicting pain on the tourists that swarm their hometowns, I think season more refers to a time of year as opposed to an open invitation to hunt. Right?



-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my silly questions, Jenny! To all of you - Jenny has such an awesome blog with insightful reviews, a hilarious Friday meme, and incredible interviews. If you haven't already, please check out Supernatural Snark!

In other news, if I'm a little off on commenting the next couple of days, it's because I'm off to NYC this morning...a very Happy New Year to all of you...I'm hitting up The Strand! ;)

24 comments:

  1. I loved the questions and your answers Jenny - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, awesome answers and questions as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this feature! Both the questions and answers are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, Jenny! Good job on the answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, funny questions!! YAY JENNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for having me Melissa! Your questions never cease to amaze me:) Have a fabulous time in NYC, buy lots of books at The Strand so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tourist season question. Also, have fun in NYC! :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, you continue to be the most random person ever. Have fun in NYC...I'll be there in a week myself! Jenny, you are wonderful. Love your blog--so happy to see you featured this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa your mind is amazing in the way it thinks, and I adore how your questions illicit such humorous responses. My fav this week is number 5.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO!

    You know, I was watching Bill Maher one time, and they were debating that same question about the monkeys and evolution. It was so funny.

    Another entertaining segment of FF, and I'm completely thrilled it see that it is Jenny featured today.

    I just saw The Fighter a couple of days ago with Marky Mark *le swoon*... ummm, not to say he went with me to the movie (I wish), but that he was in the movie... anyhoo, my theory for the "ring" thing is because the boxers move around in a circle while they are fighting. But yes, they need a place to relax too.

    Gah! Why am I rambling?

    Happy New Year Melissa! Hope you have fun in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Two of my favourite bloggers together in one place! I love your answers Jenny (especially the one regarding the apes/ monkeys- you wouldn't believe how many times people ask that question in my primatology class)...

    Have a great weekend ladies!

    Oh yes, and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for two of my favorite bloggers in one post :) I loved your answers Jenny and you rock for having this feature Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! Love these answers so funny. I can just picture a boxer just aimlessly wandering in a circle after a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny! I don't know what background you have in education exactly but I'm still pretty impressed with the answer you gave for #1. You were on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This feature ALWAYS makes me laugh, which is why I should know better than to read them during a wedding rehearsal... oops. haha

    Great questions and answers! I like seeing how people answer these mind-boggling Qs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great questions and wonderful answers. Heh. That last one comes up every tourist season in CO. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lmfao her answers made me giggle a little!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Noe I'm wondering about the ring too.LOL! Anyway, happy new year Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! Great questions and answers. You two are a match made in heaven with this feature. As someone who lives in a tourist location, I love your answer to number 5 :P

    For the boxing question I'm going with it would just be too confusing to say they're in the boxing box.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Speaking of tourist season, there are a lot of tourists I'd like to shoot, but as Hubby has reminding me time and time again, they bring the money into the city. But, every year, every winter come the snowbirds. I'm evil, I know...it's a burden I must bear.

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, excellent job on the answers! Those were all tough questions, I must admit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for featuring Jenny! She's one awesome, funny blogger who writes incredible reviews with an added dose of humour in many of them. Love the answers to the questions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover