In My Mailbox 12/12

Sunday, December 12, 2010

In My Mailbox is an amazing weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren that features the books we have received during the week. It's so much fun because we get to see what our fellow bloggers stumbled upon this week and add even more to our piles of books! Without further ado, this week I received the following books:



Class Collision - (For Review - Thank you, Annette Mackey) - Born into wealth and privilege, David spends his days rattling the servants and torturing the maid until he is kidnapped for ransom and left for dead. Grueling years follow until he meets Linda. She’s sassy, pigheaded, beautiful and way more than he can possibly handle. Hate, love and passion combine as he tries to win her heart. She sees him as a drifter. Little does she know he’s a prince in disguise. Set during the Great Depression, Class Collision will transport you to a simpler time filled with heartache and unexpected love.

Wonderland - (ARC For Review - Thank you, Candlewick Press) - Sixteen-year-old Jude has to get out of tiny Churchtown. She has to escape her outcast status and her pathetic dad, who hasn’t gotten past her mother’s death. The one bright light is drama, her way out, if only she can get into the Lab, a prestigious program in London. Then Stella, Jude’s childhood best friend, swaggers in after years away. With bold and magnetic Stella by her side, Jude knows she’s capable of anything. But Stella’s influence extends well beyond the theater. Soon Stella’s wild and dangerous streak begins to cause trouble for Jude -- yet Jude can’t bring herself to abandon Stella and the attention she’s always craved.

Trapped - (ARC For Review - Thank you, Scholastic) - The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive....Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn't seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders. As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision....

What did you get in your mailbox this week? Leave me a link, and I'll be sure to check it out! Also, sorry for the hideous screencap at the start of my vid...I swear youtube is out to get me!

Click HERE to enter my international blogoversary giveaway - ends Dec. 17th!

34 comments:

  1. I hear traffic!! HAHA
    and I am so, so jealous that you got Trapped! I want to read this book. It's been on my TBR list for awhile now. Anxious for your review on it!

    and your cat is hilarious.
    *goes to your about me page*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderland sounds really good, I've never heard of it before. I've seen Trapped around, but I didn't know what it was about. Thanks for always giving a brief synops of what the books are about.

    http://stalkingthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2010/12/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so jealous of your haul this week! Wonderland and Trapped both sound like novels I'd read! :)

    I just had my first IMM vlog posted in my blog (and I'm kind of nervous about it XD), if you want to check it out, here's the link:

    Amaterasu Reads: In My Mailbox (16)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice group this week Melissa! All of those sound interesting and they're new to me, so I'm off to add them to my list. Love your cat as well, apparently being on camera was not ideal and he/she wanted no part of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! Trapped looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books look awesome! I need to put them on my TBR list! Can't wait to read your reviews :o) Also, your cat is really cute! Come check out what's IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send some rain down here, will ya? ;)

    Great books this week, Melissa. They all sound great. I'm already hyped.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderland sounds really interesting!! Enjoy your books this week, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books this week! They all sound awesome, especially Wonderland :)

    Hope you enjoy them all, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. enjoy those books! Will look forward to the reviews.

    My week was way too slow, cos I am waiting for my xmas books but nothing

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all sound really interesting. I hope you enjoy them. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sound interesting. I hope you enjoy them! Looking forward to your reviews.

    Btw, my pup is having a kitty giveaway if you are interested at my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you're going to have some fun reading ahead! Trapped looks especially awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trapped looks sooooo good! I've been wanting to read that one ever since I heard of it. I really hope you enjoy all of the books you received this week! Happy reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. 3 arcs! They all sound interesting, I'll have to add them to my to-read list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL-the cat was too funny! You were fabulous though :)

    I haven't heard of any of the books on your IMM! *goes to stalk Goodreads*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you got some good books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot to mention... I love your cat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great haul this week! I'm really looking forward to Trapped. I love survival books like that. I just hope they don't decide to burn the books in the school library for warmth!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh! "Trapped" it just like my life last week (but I will admit that my life is just a tad less dramatic)... We have five feet of snow drop in a little over 24 hours... Who knew that they would call a snow day in university? I sure as heck didn't! ;)
    Anyways, great haul! Looking forward to seeing what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like some good books!
    My animals always get in my way too when I do the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you enjoy your new books Melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I keep seeing Trapped in everybody's Waiting on Wednesday posts, so I'm really excited to read that one. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omigosh, I can't wait to read Trapped!! It will be great to see what you think of it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You got trapped??? Seriously jealous! I can hardly wait for that one. It just sounds soooo good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Never heard of these books. Hope you enjoy, Happy Reading XD

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't heard of any of these books so I'm looking forward to reading your reviews, especially that of Class Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I really want to read Trapped. Can't wait to hear what you think. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good stuff you have there! Can't wait to hear wjat you think of Class Collission and Trapped!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my gosh, you've got Trapped. So, so lucky :) I'm going to be looking out for your review of that. Fantastic reads all around - can't say I've heard of the other two, but will be sure to check out your reviews of them as well.

    P.S. Your cat is gorgeous :) Yay for your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You got some great books this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I haven't heard of any of these... looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover