The Hunger Games Cover Redesign

Friday, December 3, 2010

The all-too-awesome Nicole over at Word for Teens is hosting a Hunger Games Cover Redesign competition to go along with the Holiday Read-a-Thon happening at Who R U Blog. Though I'm not doing the competition because work will be the death of me, I decided to take a stab at the contest...mostly because I was bored last night...


The Cover Redesign Competition goes through midnight on Sunday, December 5th. Judging will take place on December 6th, and there are a couple of sweet prizes - one lucky winner will win their very own copy of The Hunger Games and a temporary tattoo. Why do I want to win this, you ask? Why...to give away a copy to you lovelies, of course!

So what do you think of my feeble attempt? Love it? Hate it? I won't be offended at all...promise!

20 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a really great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!
    More than a little jealous of your photoshop skills...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think it looks pretty good! The 2nd time I look at it I thought of hair/shampoo/saloons commercials though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous Melissa! I LOVE it! You have some serious skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series yet.. I KNOW! but this is a gorgeous cover :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing cover! You have some really great designing skills. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks pretty good to me!!!
    I think the model looks a little too old to be Katniss but I love how she looks dark and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cover looks great. I love that it incorporates the new trend of faces with a bit of the original covers charm (the mockingjay symbol). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Melissa! I'm thoroughly impressed:):) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like. I need to read this series. Yes, I'm probably one of one that haven't yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT! Love how it looks like fire on the bottom--so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like it! Much better that the original! It's got more of an edge to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome. i completely love it. it look professional and emotive and i love how you incorporated the symbol thing-y :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I like it! I could never create something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT!! Much more beautiful than the original cover, and that girl look fierce! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover