Tuesday Teaser/Teaser Tuesday #39

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here are the rules: Grab your current read. Open to a random page. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page, and BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





It doesn't matter if you are only coffee on the inside. If you're a latte at heart, you are welcome. 


The Latte Rebellion by Sarah Jamila Stevenson





And now, for my Tuesday Teaser...For those of you who don't know, I do my Tuesday Teasers differently (and yes, I add this disclaimer every time). Each week, I feature two sentences (or more) of something I've written, leave it up all day, then remove it around 11 PM. You're welcome to comment on it, love it, hate it, or simply read it at your leisure...if you'd like, of course. This week's teaser is from my current WIP, RACE.




The Tuesday Teaser is down! Check back next week for more :)

19 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read The Latte Rebellion, the cover is just gorgeous !! Happy reading !!
    Here's my TT if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book :) I love your own teaser and wonder what's going on? Happy New Year! You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the teaser! :) I had never heard of this book before but I am in love with the cover. A new addition to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teaser. You never cease to amaze me with your brilliance. I really want to read Latte Rebellion too. I shall add to my TBR:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh what is it that's pure and a beacon of hope? You are cruel with the teasers Melissa, but I love you for it:) Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I much prefer your own personal teaser... I wanna know what your WIP is about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHat is the beacon of hope? Need more stat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is my teaser from Nature's Secret Messages: Hidden in Plain Sight by Elaine Wilkes (Page 3):

    "We lie in the lap of immense intelligence." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Stop. Look. Listen. My kindergarten teacher taught me that. I remember carefully lining up the tips of my patent-leather shoes exactly at the edge of the curb and stopping–then carefully looking to my right and left, quiet and aware, listening for any clues. Feeling that it was safe to proceed, I'd grasp my classmate's hand, jump off the curb, and happily venture into unknown territories on the other side of the street.

    Now I barely glance from side to side as I hurry on my way.

    What happened? Where did that wide-open feeling of awareness go? In the rush of adulthood, it seems to vanish, but what would happen if we simply stopped, looked and listened…even as busy adults?

    As a learning addict, I've hunted for insights through countless books, seminars, experts, masters and more. Eventually, I realized that my kindergarten teacher had it right from the beginning, long before I started my quest. Who knew that she was so profound?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're enjoying The Latte Rebellion, Melissa. The teaser seems to really capture the spirit of the book.

    As always, I love your teaser. Now I want to know what this beacon of hope is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The title, The Latte Rebellion, is really fantastic.
    Mine is here:http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/readerly-teaser-tuesday-2/

    I post my own stuff too but I do them as two separate posts. Your line is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teasers! I'm starting to really want to read this book of yours lol =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your teaser makes me so curious to know what the beacon of hope is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your teaser, Melissa!! I hope you are having a fantastic holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I always do my very best to return the favour :)

Please note that this blog is an award-free zone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover